Author Topic: Random crash on Prepar3D v3 (AddToDataDefinition param #3)  (Read 5698 times)

vp1971

Random crash on Prepar3D v3 (AddToDataDefinition param #3)
« on: October 09, 2015, 12:54:38 pm »
Hello,

I installed last GSX and Couatl (downloaded yesterday evening). I have randomly CTD in Prepar3D v3 with message "Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call AddToDataDefinition param #3" in Couatl.err and Couatl.log. I tried turn Avatar mode off and on. But no luck. I send you my log files.

Kind regards,
Vadim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Random crash on Prepar3D v3 (AddToDataDefinition param #3)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:28:43 pm »
Do you have the VRS Tac-pack installed ?

vp1971

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 01:30:51 pm »
No, never heard

vp1971

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 02:44:43 pm »
Hello,

I've tested the conditions for the crash and I can provide more information for you.

What I have:

1. The fresh Windows 7 64 bit installation. No FSX, no P3Dv2, only P3Dv3. I have no Migration Tools, only 2 symbol links and 2 registry keys in order to fake old P3Dv2 installation.
2. I installed ORBX Global series (FTX Global, Vector, LC EU)
3. I installed most of FSDreamTeam airports and all airports of FlightBeamStudio and GSX.
4. I installed Ultimate Traffic 2 and Ezdok 1.85.

I noticed, my installation randomly crashed every 10 - 20 minutes. I noticed too, I can 100% force this crash, if I want.

How did I do this:

1. Load PMDG 737-800 WL Delta an Gate E11 on KIAH (FSDreamTeam)
2. Connect GPU.
3. Click 10 - 20 times an Main menu -> Add-ons -> Addon manager and some times other menu item such as Settings etc.
4. Simulator crashed.

What I tested too:

1. I disabled Ultimate Traffic 2 and Ezdok in exe.xml, but P3D still crashed.
2. I disabled GSX in Main menu -> Add-ons -> GSX -> Disable, but P3D still crashed.
3. I disabled couatl.exe in exe.xml, all FSDreamTeam and FlightBeamStudio are not usable but P3D still crashed.
4. I uninstalled GSX, Couatl and Addon Manager. Then all FSDreamTeam and FlightBeamStudio airports are not usable, BUT I have NO crash!!!
5. I installed Couatl and Addon Manager explicit without GSX and I can use all airports and all works fine. But I have no GSX. :-(

I must uninstall GSX in order to have a stable simulator.

I noticed more other errors in Couatl in KIAH or in KSFO HD. I send you the logs. Probably this errors are not responsible for this crash. But you should know it.

I love GSX. I hope, you will find this error an I can use this fantastic product again.

Kind regards,
Vadim 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 01:24:19 pm »

2. I disabled GSX in Main menu -> Add-ons -> GSX -> Disable, but P3D still crashed.

5. I installed Couatl and Addon Manager explicit without GSX and I can use all airports and all works fine. But I have no GSX.

I must uninstall GSX in order to have a stable simulator.

This is not really possible to be happening. Disabling GSX from the Couatl menu is EXACTLY the same as installing Addon Manager + Couatl without GSX. In both cases, GSX won't start.

I noticed more other errors in Couatl in KIAH or in KSFO HD. I send you the logs. Probably this errors are not responsible for this crash. But you should know it.

I'll check it now.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:26:57 pm by virtuali »

vp1971

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 01:58:49 pm »
This is not really possible to be happening. Disabling GSX from the Couatl menu is EXACTLY the same as installing Addon Manager + Couatl without GSX. In both cases, GSX won't start.

Yes, it does not start in both cases. But my simulator crashed, if GSX installed and disabled. But it did not crash, if I uninstalled GSX. It seems to be different - installed or disabled. I have tested it several times and I am 100% sure. Maybe it's not the problem of GSX but of Addon Manager? Perhaps Addon Manager checks something in addition if GSX installed and disabled? If GSX is uninstalled, then it does not check? If you find this difference, you also find this error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:20:41 am »
Maybe it's not the problem of GSX but of Addon Manager? Perhaps Addon Manager checks something in addition if GSX installed and disabled? If GSX is uninstalled, then it does not check? If you find this difference, you also find this error.

Neither the Addon Manager or GSX is the problem.

I'm starting to believe that P3D itself has some issues with Simconnect. See this thread in the F/A-18 board, they are getting the same random error, for apparently no reason:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg95601.html#msg95601

And it's related to the Hornet FCS, that doesn't have any relationship with any of our products.

vp1971

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 12:47:25 pm »
I've installed GSX again 2 days ago. And now it works fine for me. No crash, no problem. The only, what's different in my system now, I have also installed a scenery with SODE support. I have SODE entries in exe.xml and in dll.xml. And I have SODE menu item in main menu -> Add-ons. That's all. Everything else is exactly the same again. And now it works.

Probably, all this has nothing to do with SODE. Probably, that the problem was somewhere else.

I don't understand why it works now and has 2 days ago not worked.

But well, it works again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 01:13:20 pm »
Probably, all this has nothing to do with SODE. Probably, that the problem was somewhere else.

Sure.

Sometimes, it seems the P3D Simconnect starts to act up, and this might change depending on what (and how many, and in which order) other modules using it are installed.