Author Topic: Install in P3D and FSX:Steam  (Read 4155 times)

VHHHflyer

Install in P3D and FSX:Steam
« on: September 24, 2015, 12:32:20 am »
Hi,

I have had P3D V2 for a while on my PC and i recently bought FSX:Steam. I want to install GSX in FSX but the installer when launched indicates that P3D is installed and if i want to install it there. There is no option for FSX. I already have GSX installed in P3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install in P3D and FSX:Steam
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 12:38:19 am »
I want to install GSX in FSX but the installer when launched indicates that P3D is installed and if i want to install it there..

Then you simply must reply NO to the question if you want to install into P3D.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:02:14 am »
Yes i do press No but the installer just quits. It doesn't continue the installation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 07:58:14 am »
Yes i do press No but the installer just quits. It doesn't continue the installation.

That's probably because you use the P3D Migration tool, so your FSX registry keys are pointing to the P3D folder. When you install a P3D-compliant product, the Migration Tool must be disabled.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:40:04 am »
i have never used the migration tool to install P3D only addons, just when installing FSX addons into P3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 03:44:39 pm »
i have never used the migration tool to install P3D only addons, just when installing FSX addons into P3D.

Then your FSX registry key is missing. If you reply No to the question about installing into P3D, the installer will try the FSX:Steam folder and, if it's missing, it will try the FSX registry key (which can be used by FSX:SE too, so it will look for it in that folder too). But we can be sure of this, by logging the installer, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please ).

VHHHflyer

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 11:49:35 pm »
I was able to run the installer from the command prompt but it didnot make any log file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 11:29:42 am »
As I already replied to you by email, the installer hasn't created a log file, because you (according to the screenshot you sent), you mis-typed the line.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 11:35:10 am »
I am re-installing my flight sims now because one of my Captain Sim planes corrupted some files, so everything is messed up. I will see if the issue continues after re-installing.