Author Topic: GSX Start one engine at the stand  (Read 6894 times)

Pack

GSX Start one engine at the stand
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:08:14 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the update, starting the engine(s) before pushing back is really great and helps to simulate more real operations but I have a doubt. Let´s say that I have the APU inoperative and I need to start one engine on the parking and after the push back I start the second engine with the cross bleed start procedure. To start the engine on the stand I need the GPU connected however GSX doesn´t allow me to do so, it always asks me to disconnect the GPU.

Thanks,

Francis
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:24:52 pm by Pack »

Pack

Re: GSX Start one engine at the stand
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 08:39:43 am »
Morning,

Any help on this?

Thanks,

Francis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 10:31:19 am »
Fixed in the current Live Update.

Pack

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:54:04 pm »
Thanks Umberto but after updating I still get the "GPU" message.

Thanks

Francis

Pack

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 01:13:40 pm »
I also get the "release parking brakes" message while pushing back. I know it was a bug that it was solved in the last update but it seems that not in my Liveupdate.

Thanks,

Francis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 01:25:12 pm »
I also get the "release parking brakes" message while pushing back. I know it was a bug that it was solved in the last update but it seems that not in my Liveupdate.

Because that error wasn't supposed to be corrected by a Live Update (which updates GSX code only), it requires the current Couatl.exe:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12465.msg94674.html#msg94674

latest version of Couatl.exe, which will be downloaded automatically by running any FSDT installer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 01:26:52 pm »

Which airplane ? The bug has been fixed in all internally supported planes that have a GPU.

NZEddy

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 02:30:29 pm »

Which airplane ? The bug has been fixed in all internally supported planes that have a GPU.
This only happens to me with the Majestic Q400. Haven't tested it with other planes. FSX (boxed).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 03:06:28 pm »
This only happens to me with the Majestic Q400. Haven't tested it with other planes. FSX (boxed).

The Majestic has a non-standard way to handle engines, meaning the internal FSX variables that holds the running state of the engines are not correctly update, so GSX cannot detect if they are started or stopped. I guess the only solution might be simply removing the check for the GPU for this specific airplane, and relying on you to remove the GPU vehicle it before Pushback.

Check if it happens with other planes.

Driver170

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 06:20:36 pm »
I'm using the 737NGX how does this work then?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 01:32:36 pm »
I'm using the 737NGX how does this work then?

It works, but you have to start engines. If the APU doesn't work, you'll have to start the engines in any other alternative way so, as soon they are running, it won't ask to start the APU or remove the GPU anymore.

Basically, the "remove APU/GPU" message will come out only if they are still connected, and the engines are not running, but it will go away as soon as at least ONE engine is running, and Pushback will start.

AUA521

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 03:56:50 pm »
Hello,

I have found this on Google and have a question on this.

Is it now also possible that you only start the Engines and don't have to use the pushback?

This is very common in Europe by regional Aircraft's like the Q400 or CRJ. The stands are often so designed that you always can turn away or simple Taxi out.
In southern Europe like Italy or Greece are a lot of small Airports which only have Taxi in and Taxi out stands where the Main Exit Side of the Aircraft is mostly faced to the Terminal Building.

Would be so cool if this finally works  :) cause that's the only thing which holds me back from buying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 03:58:06 pm »
Is it now also possible that you only start the Engines and don't have to use the pushback?

You can stop the pushback as soon as it starts.

AUA521

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 04:14:37 pm »

You can stop the pushback as soon as it starts.

Wow that was an fast answer  :)

Sounds interesting, but can i hope that in new future will be a real "start engines on stand" option? AES has this option but AES is so old school  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 10:13:46 pm »
can i hope that in new future will be a real "start engines on stand" option? AES has this option but AES is so old school 

GSX HAS a "start engines on stand option"! If I understood your message, you want a variation of it, which is "and no pushback"...