Author Topic: gsx sound disappeared  (Read 4031 times)

jelap

gsx sound disappeared
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:18:42 pm »
Hallo

I recently flew a short distance flight. At departure all the gsx sounds worked as normal. But at the destination all sounds were gone. I thought it just was a temporary fail, and restarted the game; but with no luck. I have tried different airports, but there is no gsx sound at all. I have tried to reinstall gsx and used the latest update, but there is still no gsx sound. The correct device is chosen and the gsx menu says that the sound is working properly. But the gsx sound is disappeared in game.

Appreciate your help.

Jeppe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx sound disappeared
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:13:53 pm »
Nobody ever reported this before. Which simulator are you using ?

Note that, there's usually no need to restart the whole sim, if you think there's a problem in GSX. As the manual says, the "Restart Couatl" option is your GSX "panic button", which can be used to reset GSX without restarting FSX.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:19:20 pm »
I lost the sound today, using FSX Windows 7. I used restart because I was parking for the night to reset everything for shutdown. Using restart is how I lost the sound at a default airport (KSLC), think an addon airport did not do this last time I tried this. The restart is Restart Couatl.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:27:26 pm by FLYFROMUTAH »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 08:56:58 am »
Check you don't have other 3rd party addons that force themselves on the foreground, so they take the focus and are causing a loss of sound of apps that are now in the background because they forced themselves on the foreground.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 02:22:36 pm »
The only addon I had at that airport is the CS aircraft 727. Could be the issue, will have to test other aircraft to find out. I think if I had restarted once more the sounds might have come back. Have message airport cache loaded when I restart.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 07:55:12 pm »
I think if I had restarted once more the sounds might have come back. Have message airport cache loaded when I restart.

Pay attention if you are not getting the airport cache loaded message when there's NO sound.

jelap

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 12:50:43 pm »
I use the fsx steam edition. No other addons at the moment.
I have tried to use the "Restart Couatl" but with no luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 01:00:35 pm »
I use the fsx steam edition. No other addons at the moment.  I have tried to use the "Restart Couatl" but with no luck.

As I've said in my previous reply to the other user, pay attention if you are not getting the "airport cache loaded" message when there's NO sound.

DrJ1

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 02:34:57 pm »
FLYFROMUTAH, you might want to visit the CS forum.  There were known sound issues with the 727.  I don't remember exactly what they were as I haven't flown that bird in years.  I seem to remember something about having to load the aircraft a 2nd time.... 

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 04:06:27 am »
CS fixed the issues with the sounds with the latest releases. Not a problem any longer.