Author Topic: Disable / remove the pushback truck  (Read 5602 times)

cuevision

Disable / remove the pushback truck
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:15:27 am »
Hi everryone,

Caan anybody tell me how I can remove the Pushback Truck from the program, at least does not appear anylonger?

Thanks and regards,

Ed Koorevaar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disable / remove the pushback truck
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 06:34:00 pm »
You cannot remove it, but you can customize a parking position to specify a different starting position for it, so it won't conflict with other scenery objects in that place, which I assume was the reason of your request.

cuevision

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 07:15:47 pm »
Hi

Thank you for your fast reply!

I am working with GSX and AES. I want AES to do the pushback and GSX do all other work. Because AES will do the pushback, I like the GSX car to be removed. All mentioned things are just working fine now, but leaving the removing of the car. If it realy anint possible, I will see I can place it on a spot not direct to the nosewheel.

Thanks and regards,
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »
I am working with GSX and AES. I want AES to do the pushback and GSX do all other work. Because AES will do the pushback, I like the GSX car to be removed

You don't have to remove the GSX Pushback. You can simply not call it. As I've said, if it conflicts with another object, or the AES truck, you can move it in a different position.

It would be interesting to know exactly why you want to use the AES pushback rather than the GSX one. Which features, exactly, are you missing ?

cuevision

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 07:54:26 pm »
Hi again,

I first must say the animations of GSX are far more sophisticated. Thats why I use from AES only the Marshaller and the left frontdoor stairs and Jetway. But about GSX in particular, the voices used for the pushback procedure are too robotically, Voices in AES are more real. This takes away a lot of realism and after all the main reason we use these kind of addons is to add realism.

Thanks again,
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 10:52:29 pm »
But about GSX in particular, the voices used for the pushback procedure are too robotically, Voices in AES are more real. This takes away a lot of realism and after all the main reason we use these kind of addons is to add realism.

There's a sound reason why GSX voices are based on speed synthesis and are not recorded live: it gives us a LOT more flexibility AND uniformity in sound levels and quality.

If we need to do updates, it's easier to add/change voices when they are synthesized,  while if we had to do additional recording sessions, it would be very difficult (almost impossible) to match the sound of an earlier recording so, it would require re-recording a whole new session to add just a couple of words, and the end result, is the program would end up not being updated at all, just because it would be too costly/take too much time if new sounds would be needed.

Instead, by having synthesized voice, we have way more freedom to update the voices, the procedures, etc.

In any case, someone made an alternative voice set for GSX using his own voice, and it's available on Avsim:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5840.0.html
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=166013

cuevision

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 12:13:28 pm »
Thanks again.

I understand your point! But I read a lot of users on the net that are not that satisfied with the sounds used. I must say, the sounds from AES are not the best, but it's more human. One case I do not mind that robotically voice is using the ATIS of Active Sky, but that's because in real they are generated in this way too. Far the best voices are produced into FS2CREW. So I do not make it easy to myself and have to figure out how to... GSX with AES and FS2CREW together. This means that I will remove a lot of sounds and let's take FS2CREW do the sound job. About your link to the home made sounds, they are very nice made. So this can be consider too to use them in any way.

Wish you a nice day and regards,
Ed