Author Topic: GSX not active at Maldives X VRMM  (Read 3972 times)

ozzieblr

GSX not active at Maldives X VRMM
« on: July 04, 2015, 03:00:08 am »
Hi everyone

I have Maldives X installed, but have found that while FSX will read the airport and place me at the correct gates or parking positions, GSX does not recognise those positions.  GSX will not activate at any of the VRMM gates or parking positions. 

When I attempt to customise the airport positions at VRMM (and the aircraft is at the correct location at the airport), I find that the file being used by GSX is for the Male seaplanes base VRMS instead of the correct international airport VRMM.  As a result I cannot adjust the gate size, or move to another suitable gate where GSX will work.

I am assuming that GSX is seeing VRMS as a higher priority airport than VRMM, but I can't see any way of changing those priorities in the scenery library.  An alternative is that these two files overlap and GSX is unable to distinguish which should be the higher priority.

How do I get the correct airport file VRMM as the priority airport?  Is there anything I can do with the scenery configuration to solve this problem?  Is there anything you can suggest with GSX configuration?  Any help would be very gratefully received!

I am also seeking support for this problem from Aerosoft customer support.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not active at Maldives X VRMM
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 11:32:12 am »
How do I get the correct airport file VRMM as the priority airport?  Is there anything I can do with the scenery configuration to solve this problem?  Is there anything you can suggest with GSX configuration?  Any help would be very gratefully received!

Of course there is. We added this feature in GSX 1.9, see the release notes:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11072.msg85519.html#msg85519

Airport range, to fix issues with very small airports (helipads, seaplane bases) inside larger ones

The feature is explained in the updated 1.9.5 manual (should be downloaded automatically when installing), at Page 21, and it was discussed on this forum for an example, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11770.msg90088.html#msg90088

So, in your case, the airport_visibility line should be:

airport_visibility_VRMS = 0
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:34:56 am by virtuali »