Author Topic: Jetway Animation Improvement  (Read 3588 times)

Luis Serrano

Jetway Animation Improvement
« on: July 04, 2015, 02:42:05 am »
Humberto i was reading a post that you wrote on FSdeveloper about how you developed the engine behind GSX (The post is the one that talks about SODE first link below).

My question is: Assuming that GSX engine is far more advanced than SODE and SODE claims that can animate with precision double jetways. Can you improve the IK-Jetway animation used by your airports and Flightbeam airports more using the GSX Engine to make them more accurate, add new movements such animate double jetways, and perhaps do things like open the jetway door or animate passengers boarding those jetways (glass jetways).

Also it would be possible to set up the jetways to customize them for each plane like in an in-game interface?

Im just speculating based on what you said in the FSdeveloper post about Python.

Thank You  ;)

Links to those post here
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/simobject-display-engine-released.428131/
http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=change-log
http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=9957#p9957 (In this one Mir says he is trying to animate dobule jetways using SODE)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Jetway Animation Improvement
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:15:23 am »

Luis Serrano

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:38:28 am »
Yes, and thanks for answer but i'm asking if Umberto actually can use Python instead of SODE to add more functions to the jetways than SODE is able to do since as per Umberto words Python is far more advanced than SODE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 11:23:40 am »
As I've said already, we are discussing ways to integrate SODE jetways with GSX, because right now the SODE interface is a bit cumbersome to use (you must call a separate menu to tell SODE which jetways to use) and it would be way easier if it was integrated with GSX. Also, there wouldn't be any need to edit airplanes, since GSX already comes with a database of supported airplanes AND an easy to use graphical editor.

Yes, of course Couatl is way more advanced than SODE, since it's based on a full blown programming language, not a set of rigid XML files, and it has been in development for years, and has been tested in very large products like GSX and XPOI, and all our sceneries use it extensively.

However, we still haven't done anything in relationship with IK jetways so, as a temporary solution while we'll finally come up with a proper jetway replacement system (something for GSX 2, I'd guess), we could make user's life easier by integrating GSX and SODE somehow.

I think some of the issues with SODE that has been reported by Flightbeam's Mir (such as overflowing of Simconnect commands ), could be probably fixed by integrating the two.