Author Topic: Activation/How to activate? **SOLVED**  (Read 3823 times)

SteamingSpoon

Activation/How to activate? **SOLVED**
« on: July 03, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »
Hello All,
I was previously using a trial version of GSX but decided to buy it today. I bought it from FSPilotShop and have the activation with me. Now, how do I activate it? It still says that I am using a trial version of the product. When I go to the addon manager, select GSX and click on "register serial", nothing happens. What should I do?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:37:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Activation/How to activate?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 11:47:54 am »
When I go to the addon manager, select GSX and click on "register serial", nothing happens. What should I do?

Check you are not running another add-on that is launching FSX itself. Launch FSX from its icon

Be sure you don't have another add-on that is "stealing" the focus, so it forces the registration dialog behind the FSX one (the dialog is likely there, you just don't see it because of this other program). Programs that are known to cause this problem are online flying clients with chat windows and similar, or programs that launch FSX themselves, like REX.

Turn them off during the registration, you can turn them back on after the registration, and launch FSX from its own icon.

After you click OK, you should see a message saying “Do you want to activate fsdreamteam gsx on this PC ?"

bubba620

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 02:00:06 pm »
Thank you for that information. I had bought Flightbeam KIAD yesterday and didn't remember to shut down my Rex. Couldn't figure it out. I had done it with your KLAX but that was a while ago. Worked great. You make amazing products. Sincerely, Brian

SteamingSpoon

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 07:00:56 pm »
Thank you for your support. I had started my FSX with REX, which was causing the problem. I did a restart from its own icon and it worked perfectly.