Author Topic: GSX FSX no sounds **SOLVED**  (Read 5080 times)

markyboy123

GSX FSX no sounds **SOLVED**
« on: July 01, 2015, 10:48:34 am »
Hi there,

For some reason I cannot hear De-Boarding and Boarding passenger sounds but I can hear the rest of the vehicles, I have recently read up on a post to see If I have all the mp3 files which I do. I have reinstalled it twice even the new stand alone manager and still no hope. I just don't get why it don't work any more.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:46:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX FSX no sounds
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »
If you hear sounds from all the other GSX vehicles, but not the boarding sounds, it can only due to one of the following reasons:

- You don't have the latest GSX version, which contains all the latest sounds. Reinstalling GSX with an older installer won't fix this, and of course reinstalling the Addon Manager cannot fix this, since the stand-Alone Addon Manager doesn't contain any files related to GSX. The only place you can find the sounds, is in the current GSX installer.

OR

- You are not in the Virtuali Cockpit view. Such sounds will not be played when the viewpoint is outside the airplane.

OR

- You have set a too short period of time for boarding in the "Timings" section of the GSX - Settings, so your boarding process is too short that no sound is played.

markyboy123

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 03:04:29 pm »
If you hear sounds from all the other GSX vehicles, but not the boarding sounds, it can only due to one of the following reasons:

- You don't have the latest GSX version, which contains all the latest sounds. Reinstalling GSX with an older installer won't fix this, and of course reinstalling the Addon Manager cannot fix this, since the stand-Alone Addon Manager doesn't contain any files related to GSX. The only place you can find the sounds, is in the current GSX installer.

OR

- You are not in the Virtuali Cockpit view. Such sounds will not be played when the viewpoint is outside the airplane.

OR

- You have set a too short period of time for boarding in the "Timings" section of the GSX - Settings, so your boarding process is too short that no sound is played.

Thanks for getting back to me,

I do have my view set to Virtual Cockpit, The timings I have set to is 10 mins. I got the GSX installer from your site and I believe that's 1.9 as well as the stand alone manager. It's very odd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 03:08:47 pm »
I do have my view set to Virtual Cockpit, The timings I have set to is 10 mins. I got the GSX installer from your site and I believe that's 1.9 as well as the stand alone manager. It's very odd

The latest installer from our site it's not 1.9, but 1.9.0.9. However, this shouldn't change anything when sounds are concerned, since the new boarding sounds were added in the first 1.9 release.

This simply cannot happen, and all that reported it before, was because they didn't installed the latest GSX, or they had a very short boarding time, or they weren't in VC view mode.

markyboy123

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 03:17:36 pm »

The latest installer from our site it's not 1.9, but 1.9.0.9. However, this shouldn't change anything when sounds are concerned, since the new boarding sounds were added in the first 1.9 release.

This simply cannot happen, and all that reported it before, was because they didn't installed the latest GSX, or they had a very short boarding time, or they weren't in VC view mode.

These are my times:

And I still don't hear the passenger sounds even tho I am in the Virtual Cockpit view :/ It is really weird and I want them to work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:46:22 pm »
Try to reset all your preferences, removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

markyboy123

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 10:35:47 pm »
Try to reset all your preferences, removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

Re edited: It now works for some reason, It didn't work before when I deleted it but now it does, phewwwwwww