Author Topic: Orlando & Miami are on top of my list  (Read 11625 times)

christiaan

Orlando & Miami are on top of my list
« on: October 20, 2008, 12:42:13 pm »
I hope that Orlando is next on the list as Cloud 9 only has the FSX version, there are a lot of us out here who still prefer FS9 to FSX,  Miami is also on my list as these two airports along with Amsterdam from Cloud 9, have not been up-dated for a long time,or the company no longer exists like Simflyers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Orlando & Miami are on top of my list
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 12:52:13 pm »
Orlando is out of the question, because we already made a version for FSX. There's no way we'll ever do a scenery for FS9 only, considering is slowly going down month by month, and if we make a scenery, we intend to sell it even 3 years from now.

Miami and Amsterdam are surely more interesting, because in this case we would do just the FSX version, since the the already available FS9 versions are not that outdated and, in case of EHAM, we are not supposed to directly compete with Cloud9 on FS9, as part of our agreements.

But, in order to do an FSX-only aiport, we need to wait for the remaining FS9 user to finally move away from it. However, KLAX in this case would be more likely than KMIA.

So, basically, if we have to do an FS9-only scenery: no way. We are more willing to make an FSX-only scenery, but just not yet.

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 01:30:49 pm »
Is it possible to back-date Orlando to make it compatible with FS9?, or is easier for you to make a product for FS9 then up-grade to FSX.

I have all of your sceneries & most of Cloud 9, as I think these products are excellent.

I have the FSX but have removed it due to the fact that I have the minimum requirements at the moment just to get the basics, but not much more.

Compliment to your replies on the forums, they always come very fast.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 10:14:15 pm »
Is it possible to back-date Orlando to make it compatible with FS9?, or is easier for you to make a product for FS9 then up-grade to FSX.

Coud9 and FSDreamTeam are seperate companies so they cannot.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 05:16:07 pm »
Orlando is out of the question, because we already made a version for FSX.

Coud9 and FSDreamTeam are seperate companies so they cannot.

If Cloud9 and FSDT are separate companies, and Cloud9 did the FSX version of Orlando, what prevents FSDT from doing their own?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »
If Cloud9 and FSDT are separate companies, and Cloud9 did the FSX version of Orlando, what prevents FSDT from doing their own?

Because we developed KMCO *for* Cloud9 and, of course, we can't directly compete against our own former publisher, at least until they keep fulfilling their obligations, which they always have.

Dimon

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 06:20:22 pm »
But, in order to do an FSX-only aiport, we need to wait for the remaining FS9 user to finally move away from it.

Looks like with the release of Nehalem and LGA1366 motherboard I might be covinced to switch. But we'll see: if everything goes right and we won't fall into major recession, I hope that early Fall of 2009 should be the right time.

The other aspect is variability of addons. For example, with the exeption of KJFK and KORD, USA is literally empty now in terms of FSX products. Also, FSX AES is still in production + an absence of true FSX short-to-medium commercial jets. LevelD 757 is a mystery, PMDG737NGX - the same....Simply saying - FSX still needs more and more time to mature.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:25:10 pm by Dimon »
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

777captain

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 04:36:18 am »
Thanks for bringing up this topic henry ;D .... Question to Virtuali, if you were to make a Miami scenery which would be the bestaweomenessday (my new word  :D) why not make an FS9 version, because even though there already is one, it is greatly outdated and the design and Aesthetics are just old....It needs the FSDT touch BADLY :)8) :D

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 02:09:24 am »
Virtuali said that they would not because the Flytampa scenery is not releatively that old, and the airport has not changed significently since it was done. I dont understand why people continue to ask questions that have already been answered.

777captain

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 03:33:17 am »
I dont understand why people continue to ask questions that have already been answered.

Alright man, I get your point. No need to be rude or anything ;)

applebees76

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 04:31:21 am »
I actually think there might be a reason for FSDT to do Miami in the future. eg. late 2009 or when they are finished with their fighter jet.

Updates to KMIA so far:

J Terminal established (Patch created by FT but no gates)

H Terminal updated and modernized

A Terminal Closed (Gonna probably be Demolished)

B Terminal Closed (Gonna probably be Demolished)

D Terminal expanded to D 51 (Basically Complete)

N Terminal Going to Be created soon (Replacing where A & B were)

*Minor

(HSBC logo Added on all Jet Bridges)

But in the end its all up to Virtuali and the crew!  ;)

I am not sure about the C terminal, i think by late 2009 or early 2010, the upgrades will begin.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:40:08 pm by applebees76 »

01pewterz28

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 08:17:45 pm »
Let's let them get Las Vegas done then worry about what's next :)

I know it will not be FSDT level or quality but BluePrint is working on Orlando right now. Again I understand it's not the quality of FDST (actually nothing is) but it might hold you over.

Trust me I would love to have someone develop MCO for FS9 up to FSDT quality heck I live 10 minutes from MCO and I have a friend who can get me complete access to the ramp for photos but with several freeware, and three commercial releases (I know SimFlyers is well outdated) the time to develop this scenery does not make sense let's face it they are in the market of making sceneries for well $$$.

Once Vegas is done talk all you want about the next scenery I will be happy. No a Hawaiian Islands package that would be nice :)

Sean

applebees76

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 08:44:24 pm »
I was talking about Miami lol  :D but still I agree... as I said before, its all up to Virtuali

JFKpilot

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 01:40:11 am »
However, KLAX in this case would be more likely than KMIA.

So, basically, if we have to do an FS9-only scenery: no way. We are more willing to make an FSX-only scenery, but just not yet.

Good to hear that.  Klax in fsx is a joke--the buildings are from fs2002, and they even forgot to include the photoscenery like they did in fs2004.  As with fsx-only sceneries, the sooner you release the extensions to the Couatl engine and AES X comes out switching over to fsx might seem a lot more attractive.   
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 04:41:28 pm »
I know it will not be FSDT level or quality but BluePrint is working on Orlando right now.

You don't buy scenery to "hold you over", Mach 1 has a freeware version of AVSIM.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock