Author Topic: Couatl Keeps disappearing  (Read 4576 times)

Hal

Couatl Keeps disappearing
« on: April 21, 2015, 01:43:01 am »
Ever since I purchased and installed Flightbeam's KDEN (from PC Aviator) Couatl keeps disappearing from the add-on menu. To get it back, I run the stand-alone add-in manager and it returns and all my FSDT airports work but then it disappears again I have to reinstall again. I have the 2 relevant files excluded from virus scan and I download the add-on manager with virus scan deactivated. ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Keeps disappearing
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 09:45:13 am »
The program cannot obviously "disappear" by itself, unless you do some other changes to your system, or reinstall other things in the meantime.

If you buy from PC Aviator, I suggest NOT use their downloads, because they are very outdated. Always download the installers from FSDT or Flightbeam, so you are sure you are always getting the latest version.

Hal

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »
Of Course Couatl doesn't really disappear, the Couatl folder is still there with all the needed files. It simply "disappears" from the add-on menu. I have now discovered I can restore it by booting the PC. When I get tired of doing that I'll try reinstalling KDEN from the Flightbeam site (I assume my install key from PC aviator will work on that).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »
Try to install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager instead, AFTER installing any scenery or product that use it ( FSDT, Flightbeam, Qualitywings, etc. )

Hal

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:12:30 pm »
Will do