Author Topic: No night lighting at JFK in Prepar3d **SOLVED**  (Read 7310 times)

SniperTNT

No night lighting at JFK in Prepar3d **SOLVED**
« on: April 05, 2015, 03:01:38 am »
I am using Prepar3d v2.5.12942 with the nvidia 347.52 drivers and there are no night runway lights at KJFK v2. I have tried reinstalling Prepar3d, reinstalling all of the addons, trying to update couatl, but none of those things have worked.

FSDT KJFK at night (NO LIGHTS)

FSDT KORD at night
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:47:32 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No night lighting at JFK in Prepar3d
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:19:45 pm »
Doesn't happen here, and nobody else reported it before, so it's not a problem in the scenery.

It's possible you have to reset the P3D shader caches, which is always best to do when upgrading to a new release, by removing this folder:

C:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Locheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders\

And wait a bit after starting P3D, since it will take a while before everything will show up again.

SniperTNT

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:56:37 pm »
That did not work. I still have no runway lights or approach lights at KJFK v2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 06:21:03 pm »
That did not work. I still have no runway lights or approach lights at KJFK v2.

I can only repeat and confirm the problem doesn't happen here. And, you are not missing just the runway lights. I also see (in the dark, adding a day screenshot would have been useful ) something  that looks like a default runway and default papi, which is an indication of another scenery in conflict, most likely an AFCAD, perhaps coming from another product like an AI traffic pack.

- Try to use the free FSX Airport Scanner program (no idea if it supports P3D though) to find conflicting AFCADs coming from other products

AND

- Be sure JFK V2 is on Top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it automatically by default

AND

- If you have AFCADs from AI Traffic packaged, remove all the ones with names that looks like being related to JFK.

SniperTNT

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 02:59:22 am »
I made the stupid mistake of not clicking apply upon trying to change the time of day. Here's what I have now.

Is this what they're supposed to look like?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 09:47:14 am »
Yes, they look fine.

If you are referring to the new feature in P3D (not available in FSX) that allows you to "preview" how day/night/twilight will look like, before apply changes, then yes, I guess that's one not supported and won't display everything that is supposed to be seen at night.