Author Topic: Jetways  (Read 2801 times)

Snidefarthing

Jetways
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:07:26 am »
Does GSX have anything at all to do with jetways operating?

FlightBeam's KIAD works but KSFO does not.

EGKK from UK2000 works

None of my FLyTampa airports work.
LFMN from Aerosoft does not work.

ALL default airports work.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:27:07 am »
Does GSX have anything at all to do with jetways operating?

GSX doesn't have anything to do with jetways, it's only able to detect if there is one ( assuming it's an FSX animated jetway, not a static one ), in order not to display front stairs and a passenger bus in that case.

This was explained in the GSX manual, Page 11, in the blue boxed paragraph.

At Page 23, you'll find an option in the scenery customization, that will allow you to help GSX detecting jetways on airports with static ones. This of course won't magically make them move (it's up to the scenery developer to support this), but at least you won't see front stairs and the passenger bus on a parking spot that has a static ( = not detectable automatically ) jetway.

FlightBeam's KIAD works but KSFO does not.

That's normal, I believe they added animated jetways starting with KPHX, but next version of KSFO will likely have them too.

EGKK from UK2000 works

Sure, they are smart developers...

None of my FLyTampa airports work.

I believe some of their latest sceneries have *some* animated jetways.

LFMN from Aerosoft does not work.

Understandable...

ALL default airports work.

Of course they do...like all FSDT airports since 2007. I guess you should suggest 3rd party developers still making statinc jetways, they should offer a feature that comes standard with the default scenery.

Snidefarthing

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 02:56:20 am »
Thank you Umberto, that was very helpful.

supercoup93

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 06:16:48 am »
Hi Snidefarthing

I found that FSX does not position the airplane properly after you create a flight plan and in so doing does not allow the jetway to move. I fly a 737-800. I found that after creating a flight and having the plane at the gate, I have to move the airplane back. Judging by the stop lines on the parking pad, I move the 737 back to almost the first line. shut down the engines and apply the parking brake. Now the jetway moves into position. Remember to save the flight with the plane in that position before you do anything else. Works for me. You can use the default pushback to move the plane backwards. I have to do that at most airports weather they be FSDreamteam or not. Good luck