Author Topic: GSX does not open **SOLVED**  (Read 3364 times)

me00266

GSX does not open **SOLVED**
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:39:12 pm »
Hello,
I need help in fixing the GSX.
I've already tried some solutions that exists in this forum, but nothing......    :'(
So, as suggested also, I'm attaching the installation log to be easier for you to help or find the problem.(In FSX when pressing CTRL+PF12 nothing happens)

Thank you in advance!
Joao
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:26:57 pm by virtuali »

Clarke

Re: GSX does not open
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:35:20 am »
I've noticed I ave to wait a bit for the menu to load.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:17:04 am »
So, as suggested also, I'm attaching the installation log to be easier for you to help or find the problem.(In FSX when pressing CTRL+PF12 nothing happens)

The installation log is not needed if you haven't seen any problems while installing. And your installation log confirms that.

If you have the GSX menus under the "Couatl powered products menu”, the only possible reason why you don’t see the menu when you press the hotkey you defined, it’s because another add-on is using it so, you should either change the key used by that add-on, or change it in GSX.

brygger90

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:18 am »
Hello.

I've also problems regarding GSX. (CTRL+F12)

My computer failed last month, and GSX was working before that.
Now it came back from repair last week. I installed FSX and after GSX, but nothing happens when I push CTRL+F12.

I've read the threats in the forums, but i noticed that i doesn't have the option "Couatl powered product" in the addon menu. The only thing in the Addon menu is addon manager.

Do you Guys have any suggestions ?  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 10:43:55 am »
I've read the threats in the forums, but i noticed that i doesn't have the option "Couatl powered product" in the addon menu. The only thing in the Addon menu is addon manager.

I all the threads in this forum, when one or two of the menus are missing, the procedure is always the same:

Be sure you use the CURRENT version of the installer.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

brygger90

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:48 pm »
Thank you very much it did help, both menus is shown now !

/Martin ;)