Author Topic: CYVR perhaps no more compatible with latest orbx vector and pnw patches?  (Read 20460 times)

anatol14

Hello,
on a win 7 64 bit System I set up a fresh fsx Gold/SP2 with only orbx world... global, vector, pnw al latest versions and on top fsd Vancouver latest Version. First regard - very good - second regard: texture and mesh mix at the North-west corner/ "sea-side", double bridges and buildings and sunken Terrain at the east/"river -side". I found in the Forum different handlings of perhaps similiar Problems. To influence the priority in scenery cfg or deactivate cyvr files in the pnw scnery not realy lead to an acceptable "orbx-solution" if you compare Standard fsx world or old utx Solutions. If FSD CYVR is not realy compatible to latest orbx/vector etc.-  o.k. I can accept it - (realy would be a pity, fsd cyvr  is a wonderful scenery), but if should be compatible, what causes my Problem???

best regards
Thomas

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: CYVR perhaps no more compatible with latest orbx vector and pnw patches?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 05:15:17 am »
 The FSDT YVR works fine with the latest ORBX PNW and FTX Global.

I can't tell by your description of what you've tried. Have you removed the CYVR files that come with ORBX PNW? Is your FSDT CYVR above the ORBX entries in the scenery.cfg? You mention "pnw al latest versions and on top fsd Vancouver latest Version."

anatol14

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 10:36:38 am »
O.K. I try it again to explain:
Vancouver int. on top of al. , deactivate the 4 orbx PNW cyvr related files. Fly 2500 Feet directly above the Airport:
 first regard everything Looks fine, yes... but look in the North-west Corner, in opposite of the narrow peninsular exist a great fault - big rectangle Wood terrain, where the sea should be and..texture with buildings on the narrow peninsular where only Terrain should be. That ist not the fsd scenery area, yes, but only set priority below orbx pnw scenery change this (because of many other conflicts which appear in this case, changing the priority in the scenery cfg. ist no adequate solution)

hope the Images will Show it

the double bridges and buildings at the east side of the Airport scenery can be fixed with deactivation of the 4 PNW cyvr files - yes, but the terrain/coastline in the opposite of the airportland-side still remains lost. That is no great Thing, the other Problem, described obove is that one first to be solved. It ist not to fix with any solution provided in the Forum - it was not described until now.
Beside this perhaps a "clear up to date al in one description" of how to install fsd cyvr with al orbx sceneries global, vector , pnw active, would be fine :).
I dont want to be too critical I only look for a acceptable solution for a realy wonderful Airport scenery.
Thank you for any further Support

regards
Thomas

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 09:41:48 pm »

"in the North-west Corner, in opposite of the narrow peninsular exist a great fault - big rectangle Wood terrain, where the sea should be and..texture with buildings on the narrow peninsular where only Terrain should be."  This is Iona Island and yes there are portions of it that has less than ideal landclass with the FSDT YVR enabled, but I wouldn't consider it a great fault.

The double bridges isn't an issue as removing the 3 or 4 files from FTX is a very common requirement for any scenery that is placed on top of any FTX region. Other than that I don't see any coastline issues in either my FSX or P3d setup that you describe.
 "Problem, described obove is that one first to be solved. It ist not to fix with any solution provided in the Forum - it was not described until now." More often than not, when someone posts a new issue in a scenery package that's been around for some time that no one else has mentioned it's an issue with that users setup, not the actual product in question.

Some screenshots would be most beneficial to help diagnose and fix your scenery issue.

anatol14

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 10:46:32 pm »
O.K. I am realy not a profi, perhaps in handling fsx as well as how to post Images... but Ill try it

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 11:35:54 pm »
 I only see a minor issue in the landclass on Iona Island just forward of the right wing tip and then again where the two jetty's split off. Is that it?

anatol14

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 12:23:37 am »
minor or not - if I can get rid of I would prefer this! Possibly something conflicts with a file in ftx_na\pnw06_cvx

anatol14

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 12:32:41 am »
Possible to get this and FSD CYVR?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 01:22:53 am »
 In the image you've shown there is a large facility there in real life. The top image is more correct than the one you prefer. There are far more out of place landclass issues around the Vancouver area to worry about, even using Vancouver+ doesn't show them correctly.

anatol14

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 05:29:17 pm »
thank you for your answer! We realy speak from the same issue? I mean this square angel... compared with Google earth the original obx pnw coastline is obvious the realistic one! But To come back to my Initial Question - I dont want to critisize the scenery or consequenzes of it: the initian question was: is this rectangle in the coastline only my individual fsx Setup Problem or not? I cherish your work in any case.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 09:52:32 am »
 I didn't even look to notice that until you pointed it out. Mine is like that as well.

anatol14

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 10:08:39 pm »
O.K. thank you for your answer. Any chance to be considered in future updates ?

CanadaKen

That is the Iona Island Sewage Treatment site.

CK

CanadaKen

thank you for your answer! We realy speak from the same issue? I mean this square angel... compared with Google earth the original obx pnw coastline is obvious the realistic one! But To come back to my Initial Question - I dont want to critisize the scenery or consequenzes of it: the initian question was: is this rectangle in the coastline only my individual fsx Setup Problem or not? I cherish your work in any case.
That "square of forest" is a bit wrong. 

First off it isn't that square and it is actually the site of 2 golf courses. 
Eaglequest and Point Grey Golf Club.

CK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The area you highlighted as missing in our scenery, it's not part of the scenery so, any problem you have with it, it's caused by some other 3rd party terrain you installed.

That's how the scenery looks like with the default FSX terrain, the coastline there is correct.