Author Topic: Zurich X is currently installed on my PC.........No it is not!  (Read 5508 times)

MTN1540

Zurich X is currently installed on my PC.........No it is not!
« on: October 12, 2008, 02:08:54 pm »
Some time ago I had ZurichX installed on my PC, but deleted it several weeks ago.

After I deleted it I kept getting a message on start up that said "the product FSDreamteam - Zurich X is currently installed on this computer but not yet active, do I want to activate it?

I lived with it for a time by just clicking no, however yesterday (saturday) I decided to do a complete reinstall FS9. I have re-installed FS9, FSglobal etc and my aircraft (I have not even started to install any scenery yet) and I am getting the message on start up already.

It suddenly appeared appeared at some point after loading the Cloud 9 F4 Phantom, HJG Boeing 707 and the CLS DC10.

I have searched my hard drives and can find no folders relating to this, Is there a hidden file some some where that I can delete to stop this message appearing, at the moment I do not want to install ZurichX and probably will not again, for no other reason than I fly mostly around alaska.

Thanks

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:13:34 pm by MTN1540 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich X is currently installed on my PC.........No it is not!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 02:52:37 pm »
After I deleted it I kept getting a message on start up that said "the product FSDreamteam - Zurich X is currently installed on this computer but not yet active, do I want to activate it?

This message doesn't have anything to do with the fact the scenery is installed or not. It comes our if you have a SERIAL NUMBER in the registry for Zurich. If you just install the Trial, there will be no serial number, the only way to end up with a serial number in the registry is

- By buying the product

- By manually inserting a serial number using the "Register Serial" option that is normally used when reinstalling on a new machine to insert the serial number you have in the purchase receipt

- By trying to use a fake serial number that, of course, can't be activated online anymore...

There are no other ways how a serial number for Zurich would end up in the registry by simply installing the Trial or another product.

You can check which serial you have, by using the option "Backup RegKey" of the Addon Manager. This will create an "FsDreamTeam_ZurichX.REG" file in your FS9 root folder, that you can open with Notepad or any other text editor, that list what serial number you have for Zurich.

You can then contact us via email, so we can check it and tell you if it's legit or not...

MTN1540

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 03:58:18 pm »
All sorted, I deleted the bglman_fsdt.dat file from the modules folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 04:05:49 pm »
All sorted, I deleted the bglman_fsdt.dat file from the modules folder.

That's not really "sorted" because, as soon as you reinstall any other FSDT product, you'll be asked again to register your Zurich serial number because that file will be of course restored.

As I've said already, the only solution is to fix the serial number you have put in the registry.