Author Topic: GSX just not working  (Read 3210 times)

Hayden012

GSX just not working
« on: January 13, 2015, 12:34:05 am »
Hello, I have bought GSX three days ago and has not worked since I bought it. I have done research but I haven't found anything and I'm hoping I will find the answer here

-Hayden

Win8
FSX gold edition

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX just not working
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 02:02:27 pm »
It's usually not possible that you would buy GSX, only to discover "it doesn't work" after purchase, because it's sold as a Try-before-Buy, so you have all the opportunities to verify how it works on your system, and this is especially true when you are trying to use on an OS which is not listed in the system requirements.

But more importantly, it's very difficult to even trying to *start* helping you, with such a generic description like "doesn't work".

Please describe your problem more precisely.

The first usual question: Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Hayden012

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 12:06:46 am »
I only have the Addon manger and I'm getting win7 32-bit to see if that will help with anything

Hayden012

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 12:19:13 am »
Sorry I didn't write this in my other post but when I press CTRL+F12 the GSX menu will not open but the Addon manger says GSX is activated. I have also reinstalled it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:47:49 am »
I only have the Addon manger

That's the main problem. When the Couatl menu is missing, the most common cause is the antivirus blocking it.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

I'm getting win7 32-bit to see if that will help with anything

I'm strongly suggest you to get Windows 7 - 64 bit instead. You'll have endless out of memory issues with the 32 bit version.

Hayden012

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 11:40:29 pm »
I'll try that today and  I just saw where I'm getting it 64bit is only a dollar more so I'll just get 64bit