Author Topic: 1. 'None' and still a pushback truck + 2. How to move the jetway on AES airport  (Read 3424 times)

Captain45

1. Pushback problem
FSX, Aerosoft's Dutch airports - Rotterdam
EHRD gate D3
Although the customized airport position is set to 'None' for the pushback, there still is a pushback truck showing on it's usual place.
And... the menu shows 5. Prepare for pushbacj and departure while it should read 5. Prepare for departure.
The only way to get going is by ignoring what's around the plane, just start and taxi away.
I presume that this is not what it should be.
Can you give me some advise on what to do to make it right?

2. Jetway problem
F.i. on Aerosoft's Mega Aiport Amsterdam (EHAM) AES will move the jetway (and all the other stuff that GSX is far more beautiful in, imho). But if I switch AES off, GSX steps in but I can't move the jetway. This might be the case on all Aerosoft's own published airports. In FSDT Geneva it works on both, so you guys have probably taken it into account that simmers want to have a choise. I asked Aerosoft support for a patch, telling them that protectionism is not the way in modern software development, but I got a haughtily answer that they don't do anything about it.Post close d as solved (?). The guy who created AES gave me the answer (!). Sure, Aerosoft wants to cash for every airport we use by buying AES credits. I think that I'm not the only one who want to have the opportunity to select what we want to use. Is there, as far as you know, a way to get the jetways moving when GSX is active?
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
1. Pushback problem

From your description, there's no pushback problem

Although the customized airport position is set to 'None' for the pushback, there still is a pushback truck showing on it's usual place.

That's normal.

And... the menu shows 5. Prepare for pushbacj and departure while it should read 5. Prepare for departure.

That's normal too. This is a feature which was requested by LOTS of users, and it's the option to always have a "Straight pusback", even on airports where the Pushback preference has been set to "None", because we can't say for sure if the "None" preference was intentional, or just an oversight by the developer.

So, it's entirely correct that you'll always get an option for at least a straight pushback, which of course you can cancel with the GSX menu at any time.

The only way to get going is by ignoring what's around the plane, just start and taxi away.

The solution is to cancel the straight pushback when you want to stop. Even at the beginning, if you don't way any pushback, but at least this will make the other support vehicles going away from the airplane.

I presume that this is not what it should be.
Can you give me some advise on what to do to make it right?

It's exactly how it's supposed be, it's a new feature which was request by many users, and it improves compatibility between GSX and 3rd party airports a lot.

2. Jetway problem

There's no jetway problem from your description, other than the fact that some developers still insisting providing static jetways by default. I'm not sure how wise is, in the long term, to intentionally provide an inferior product (the scenery), in order to push another product they sell.

But if I switch AES off, GSX steps in but I can't move the jetway. This might be the case on all Aerosoft's own published airports. In FSDT Geneva it works on both, so you guys have probably taken it into account that simmers want to have a choise. I asked Aerosoft support for a patch, telling them that protectionism is not the way in modern software development, but I got a haughtily answer that they don't do anything about it.Post close d as solved (?). The guy who created AES gave me the answer (!). Sure, Aerosoft wants to cash for every airport we use by buying AES credits. I think that I'm not the only one who want to have the opportunity to select what we want to use. Is there, as far as you know, a way to get the jetways moving when GSX is active?

Of course, there's a way, but Aerosoft probably won't tell you, since if they openly explained how to use GSX and AES together, and you'll end up using AES JUST for the jetways (which is what many users do anyway), you'll start questioning if it's worth paying extra just for the ONE feature which (even if less reliably) COULD be offered for free, since it's an FSX standard feature.

Perhaps, they are realizing that, after GSX, if they started to provide native FSX jetways with their sceneries, not many would purchase AES credits anymore. As I've said, it's entirely understandable for their point of view, but if I was a scenery developer for Aerosoft, I wouldn't want to intentionally cripple my scenery in order to push another product.

It's almost 2015, and it's not just FSDT being the "weirdos" for providing FSX native jetways in all their sceneries (we did it since 2006, in Cloud KMCO, and we did it even in FS9, even before AES came out...), nowadays many of the good scenery developers, from Flightbeam to UK2000 and also FlyTampa, have proper FSX jetways, if Aerosoft will continue with this policy, they'll risk being the only ones still doing static jetways.

Yes, AES DOES jetways better than FSX, but it should optional, the scenery should come with native FSX jetways as standard, and they should advertise AES to be an OPTION to improve on it, not as the only alternative to static ones.

But enough with the rant, let's get to the point: it IS possible to use GSX and AES together, just disable all doors in the AES Menu except the main door and, if the parking has a fake/static jetway, be sure you enable the "parking has a jetway" option in the GSX parking customization page.

This way, you can use AES just for the jetways.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:37:53 pm by virtuali »