Author Topic: Uk2000 gatwick free pushback stops straight only. Please help!!  (Read 5303 times)

stickmanbrad

Uk2000 gatwick free pushback stops straight only. Please help!!
« on: November 21, 2014, 03:29:57 pm »
Hey everyone,

Hoping somebody can help. I have all uk2000 free uk airports including gatwick. All of the airports push back fine with the right direction except one. Gatwick does not push back other than straight. I ask it to push back left or right and it just pushes back half way straight after going off centre line a bit then re correcting then admits it's finished and go put parking break on. I'm hoping somebody knows if I need to put a file in or something. I have tried reinstalling gsx and scenery but still same issue on gatwick. I would just like some advice on what I need to do.

Many thanks
Bradley

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uk2000 gatwick free pushback stops straight only. Please help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 04:44:00 pm »
This is really a FAQ, is answered in the GSX manual, and has been discussed many times on the forum too, for example:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10580.msg82302.html#msg82302

stickmanbrad

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:11:58 pm »
I've tried these methods. And been through the documents several times. GSX just does not want to pushback more than half straight. The vehicle is present as well.

stickmanbrad

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 04:41:58 pm »
This is really a FAQ, is answered in the GSX manual, and has been discussed many times on the forum too, for example:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10580.msg82302.html#msg82302

This is not the case with mine. As I have read the manual. And besides all odd's all the UK2000 Free scenerys work except from this.. I just need some help..

Please

Hey everyone,

Hoping somebody can help. I have all uk2000 free uk airports including gatwick. All of the airports push back fine with the right direction except one. Gatwick does not push back other than straight. I ask it to push back left or right and it just pushes back half way straight after going off centre line a bit then re correcting then admits it's finished and go put parking break on. I'm hoping somebody knows if I need to put a file in or something. I have tried reinstalling gsx and scenery but still same issue on gatwick. I would just like some advice on what I need to do.

Many thank
Bradley

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »
All of the airports push back fine with the right direction except one. Gatwick does not push back other than straight. I ask it to push back left or right and it just pushes back half way straight after going off centre line a bit then re correcting then admits it's finished and go put parking break on

It seems there's an error in the airport AFACD file because, if the pushback starts, it means you have set a Left/Right preference, but if it stops halfway in the procedure, it might be a problem with the AFCAD nodes. Not possible to say without checking the scenery. Does it happen on a specific gate ? If yes, which one ?

Also, check that GSX is using the AFCAD that comes with the scenery. If you open the parking customization screen, it will tell you the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX.

stickmanbrad

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 06:31:38 pm »
Thank you for getting back to me. Right so yes it is using the afcad from the correct scenery path. And this is the same on all gates. I can send you it if you wish but concidering I've installed and uninstalled I just don't understand how it's only me with the problem.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:32:05 pm by virtuali »

stickmanbrad

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 03:07:54 pm »
All of the airports push back fine with the right direction except one. Gatwick does not push back other than straight. I ask it to push back left or right and it just pushes back half way straight after going off centre line a bit then re correcting then admits it's finished and go put parking break on

It seems there's an error in the airport AFACD file because, if the pushback starts, it means you have set a Left/Right preference, but if it stops halfway in the procedure, it might be a problem with the AFCAD nodes. Not possible to say without checking the scenery. Does it happen on a specific gate ? If yes, which one ?

Also, check that GSX is using the AFCAD that comes with the scenery. If you open the parking customization screen, it will tell you the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX.

The whole thing is that all the other Uk2000 Free scenery's work and default Gatwick works. It's the same on all gates at Gatwick.. It just stops half way and doesn't even attempt to nose to the left or right...... I have just updated GSX and that was no difference so I'm really not sure. I love that Gatwick scenery and as of now I seem like the only one with this issue. I have checked the Afcad and it is using the correct one. Maybe it's dodgy, I really don't know. All I do know is after installing the new update I did get an error that a backup vehicle had to be restored or something I just clicked ok and it continued. All other airports push back correctly. To save time I decided I would attach the AFCAD to this post for you. 

http://speedy.sh/cv2AT/EGKK-afx-UK2f.BGL

Many thanks Bradley Russell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 01:48:23 am »
All other airports push back correctly. To save time I decided I would attach the AFCAD to this post for you. 

I checked the file, tried some parkings at random, they all worked normally. You said it happens at each gate, could you name one ? Maybe you tried the few that don't work, or maybe I tried the few the *do* work...