Author Topic: Problem when loading sceneries  (Read 3448 times)

fedebo85

Problem when loading sceneries
« on: November 18, 2014, 06:53:45 pm »
Good evening guys,

I have a strange problem with some of FS Dreamteam scenery. I activate them when i fly there (for example i activate KIAH when i fly from/to there) and deactivate when i don't use them.

When i go in my FSX library, i select the sceneries, FSX reload the library, but when i start the flight i only see the jetways, but i don't see any building, runways or taxiways, so i close FSX, restart it and after the restart the airport is good.

Do I have to restart FSX everytime or there is an alternative method? Maybe i have to restart coautl?  ???

Thanks in advance for reply

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Problem when loading sceneries
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 04:59:17 am »
There's no need to deactivate them in an attempt to same VAS when your not flying to one of them. Do this as a test, activate all of them and start a flight somewhere and measure your VAS using a freeware tool. Then quit the flight, deactivate all the FSDT airports and quit FSX. Restart FSX and go to the the same airport you used in the first test, using same time, date and weather and measure your VAS again and it will be the same.

FSDT airports only load when you get around 10 miles or so from them and once they load they also unload we you exit the radius. If your concerned about disabling things to save VAS which is the big thing now,  the main thing do disable is photoscenery since it will load into memory no matter where you are. I own a bunch of photoreal scenery for SoCal,  Vegas,  Phoenix, Chicago,  New York,  etc. If I keep them all load and go to top down view and zoom out to view the whole US, I can see all the photoreal areas load across the country and that consumes a lot of VAS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:14:37 am »
This has been discussed already here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9848.msg77524.html#msg77524

Turning on/off FSDT sceneries when flying it's a total waste of effort, because we ALREADY do memory-management for them independently from FSX, since 90% of the scenery is not made using .BGLs files, but with 3d object we create and destroy on demand. When you are flying outside of the area of an FSDT scenery, none of your VAS is taken, even if you enter it and the exit from it, all of it is reclaimed.

Because of this, the Addon Manager doesn't react to changes in the Scenery Library automatically, the active sceneries list is read only when FSX starts, which also make it more efficient, so it doesn't have to check for changes in the scenery.cfg while FSX is running, and it doesn't have to re-scan the scenery library when you change it, and it does this BECAUSE you wouldn't get ANY benefits by turning on/off FSDT sceneries while FSX is running.

fedebo85

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:25:46 pm »
Grazie Umberto!

Haven't read that post! Thank you very much!  ;)