Author Topic: Problem with GSX command "Set parking brake immidiately" PMDG 737NG  (Read 6672 times)

JensPeter

Hello FSDT

First of all, im a very happy user of GSX  ;D  but lately i constantly get the above message, even the parking brake is on and the Wheel chokes aswell. Often GSX just continue to work, but sometimes the different jobs are halted (without any reason) and the messages repeats. Even during push-bach, and even the crew is doing the job.
Im mainly flying the PMDG 737, and the problems start shortly after i start preparing the plane for departure.
I know many simmers have problems with input/noise from Yokes/pedals etc. wich is not a problem in relation to flying the planes, and i have calibrated and configured my CH devices to limit this problem, but GSX is all to sensible in this department, and it would be great if one could "Bypass" this message, to restore Peace.

Any comment is much appreciated

Take Care
JP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with GSX command "Set parking brake immidiately" PMDG 737NG
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:51:48 am »
Perhaps you are having the same problem discussed here, which is not obviously a GSX problem, but an error using the PMDG airplane, not sure if it's the same on the 737, but surely on the MD11 it was caused by this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10778.msg83604.html#msg83604

JensPeter

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »
Hej Umberto

Thanks for Your kind reply.

No the problem is shown on the enclosed Screnie: the P-Brake (and pressure) is on, but GSX dosent "agree".  Some times it helps to release the brake and set it again, but not always, and even i get the "set Parking brake message" GSX continues to perform the job.
The problem is a long known FSX brake issue, WHO have been a pain for many users, and the question is if i can be eased when using GSX. As you see, GSX does'nt recognize that the pP-brake is actually on (as also the Hydralic pumps etc.) 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 01:36:40 pm »
No the problem is shown on the enclosed Screnie: the P-Brake (and pressure) is on, but GSX dosent "agree".  Some times it helps to release the brake and set it again, but not always, and even i get the "set Parking brake message" GSX continues to perform the job. The problem is a long known FSX brake issue, WHO have been a pain for many users, and the question is if i can be eased when using GSX. As you see, GSX does'nt recognize that the pP-brake is actually on (as also the Hydralic pumps etc.)  

GSX doesn't have anything to do with it, and it seems you are confirming it, if you say it's a "long known FSX brake issue" (although I never heard of it, except in association with PMDG airplanes).

GSX doesn't do or try to do anything on the brakes: it only READS the STANDARD FSX brakes variable, to know if they are set or not. So, whatever problem you are having with the standard FSX brakes variable not properly set, is entirely unrelated to GSX, and would appear just the same on any other add-on that would also check the standard FSX brakes variable.

The first obvious test would be:

- Does it happen with another non-PMDG airplane ? If no, it's clear the issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX but,instead, why the 737 in that particular situation didn't set the standard FSX brakes variable as it should.

It's not that the 737 uses a different variable either, because it USUALLY works (the PMDG 737 uses the standard FSX default brakes variable), you try to understand why it didn't work in your case, which is why I pointed you out to a similar case with the PMDG MD11.

JensPeter

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 03:13:09 pm »
First, I dont blame You or GSX for the problem, i'm simply trying to find a solution to shut up the tiresome; BOOoottt....set parking brake immediately !. :o   

Sekondly, i presume GSX should NOT generate the "set P-Brake command" when it's already done (as shown on the jpeg).

And yes, this kind of problem does also happens if you fly a default plane, wich i dont. The core issue is that you cant calibrate your way out of it. When using CH or Saitek pedals they (for many users) generate "noise" wich lead to a more or less permanent red flag (Differential Brake/Brake) in the lower left corner of your screen. Using Fsuipc to setup the devices is not recommanded flying PMDG.

a solution could therefore be to find a way to silence the P-brake command in GSX, even the core problem is not coursed by GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 04:09:27 pm »
Sekondly, i presume GSX should NOT generate the "set P-Brake command" when it's already done (as shown on the jpeg).

As I've said, GSX doesn't generate *any* command for you, under any situation. It only gives you alerts depending on your existing FSX variables, regardless how they ended up being in that state.

When using CH or Saitek pedals they (for many users) generate "noise" wich lead to a more or less permanent red flag (Differential Brake/Brake) in the lower left corner of your screen. Using Fsuipc to setup the devices is not recommanded flying PMDG.

So, according to your report, the real cause of the problem is that your uncalibrated rudder pedals ( the axis that controls progressive braking ) is constantly sending random brake commands, and this results in FSX turning OFF the *Parking* Brake, which is what normally happens with you press the dot key on the keyboard and the parking brake is engaged, which results the parking brake to disengage, if only for a brief moment. Perhaps the PMDG airplane is checking this, and send the opposite command back, if it thinks the parking brakes *should* be engaged. But the FSX variable changed, if only for a brief time, so GSX reacts to it.

I'm sorry, but there's no other proper way to fix this, other than calibrating your axes correctly, possibly using FSUIPC if you can't in any other ways.

a solution could therefore be to find a way to silence the P-brake command in GSX, even the core problem is not coursed by GSX.

This would be the worse solution. Regardless if GSX is being silenced or not, your internal FSX variable related to parking brakes is STILL changing!

Ignoring this is a mistake, because it would surely cause other issues in the simulation (the airplane IS braking constantly, what about if there was some kind of side-effect in added wear of some of the systems ? ). In fact, you should be grateful that GSX has exposed you to this problem, so you can fix it in the proper way, which is of course is acting on proper joystick calibration, not just ignoring it.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:12:16 pm by virtuali »

JensPeter

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 05:10:26 pm »
Okay Umberto, Thanks for Your evaluation

Take Care
JP