Author Topic: Terminal B problem  (Read 6043 times)

mrobertsco2

Terminal B problem
« on: November 01, 2014, 10:22:18 pm »
I'm sure this problem was already addressed and I missed it, but I just downloaded the KDFW program and registered it for FSX. It is my 5th airport download from you guys, but the first one I have had trouble with. Terminal B and part of Terminal A show up underground, or only their roofs are showing. Therfore, the jetways are not connected to a building. Is there a quick fix for this? thanks
MATT
WINDOWS 10 64 BIT // INTEL CORE i7-4770T
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Terminal B problem
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 10:56:34 am »
That looks like an elevation problem caused by a 3rd party mesh you have installed.

From the Scenery Library, disable all 3rd party mesh products you have installed, one by one, followed by an FSX restart every time you disable/enable an area, until you find the offending one.

mrobertsco2

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 11:38:19 pm »
So, within the scenery library, what would I be looking for? Besides the FSDT files, I have emptied my addon scenery folder and I no longer have any add ons running in the simulator. I'm not really sure what a mesh program is or looks like.
MATT
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 09:55:57 am »
Besides the FSDT files, I have emptied my addon scenery folder and I no longer have any add ons running in the simulator. I'm not really sure what a mesh program is or looks like.

"just" disabling (there wasn't any need to "empty" the folder, it was enough to *disable* the area in the Scenery Library) the "Addon Scenery" folder results in removing JUST add-on sceneries in THAT folder, but 3rd party sceneries can be in every other place you still haven't disabled.

As I've said, from the Scenery Library, disable all 3rd party mesh products you have installed, one by one, followed by an FSX restart every time you disable/enable an area, until you find the offending one.

mrobertsco2

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 09:45:08 pm »
So if you wouldn't mind. Could you help explain to me what you mean by disabling all 3rd party meshes. I know this is an old topic, but it is a recurring issue and honestly the only problem I am still experiencing in FSX currently. I understand that the scenery library is the place where all these data files are kept in bgl form, but how do I know which ones to get rid of, in which folders, etc? thanks
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:49:32 pm by mrobertsco2 »
MATT
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 10:00:14 pm »
I understand that the scenery library is the place where all these data files are kept in bgl form, but how do I know which ones to get rid of, in which folders, etc?

Only you can possibly know what you have installed in your FSX. Unfortunately, there's no way to automatically telling which .BGLs contains mesh data. The FSX Airport Scanner utility search for airports, but there's no similar utility to search for mesh files.

So, the only way is to disable each item in the Scenery Library, one by one, and proceed by exclusion, until you find the offending one.

And of course, you mesh settings should be set as explained in the KDFW manual, in the "Design Notes" paragraph.

mrobertsco2

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 10:52:05 pm »
Thanks Umberto. I appreciate the help.
MATT
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A