Author Topic: GSX askes for newest addon manager in FSX - FSX crash  (Read 4062 times)

dthuis

GSX askes for newest addon manager in FSX - FSX crash
« on: August 02, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »
Dear GSX users,

Today I purchased GSX, but it is causing te same error, over and over. Until my FSX crashes.
The error states (during loading my flight): "...please install the newest addon manager from www.fsdreamteam.com..." etcetc.
When I push the OK button, the message appears over and over until my FSX crashes.

I did a un-install of my GSX and addon manager. And did a new install of these both programs downloaded from the FSDT website (both newest versions ofcourse :) )

Are there some users, who can help me with this problem? User who are familiar with this issue?

PS: everything legal/ no virusscanner/ everything ran as admin

Thanks in advance.
dthuis.

Syst:
Win7

dthuis

Re: GSX askes for newest addon manager in FSX - FSX crash
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:30:37 pm »
Addition:
Tomorrow I can post a screenshot/ full text of the error. I am  currently @ work.

BR,
dthuis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 10:01:00 pm »
FSX crashes.The error states (during loading my flight): "...please install the newest addon manager from www.fsdreamteam.com..." etcetc.

The most important thing in that message was, of course, the "etcetc" part, which told you to check your Couatl.ERR file for error details, pointing to the location on your system, which is under %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

So, please, post your Couatl.ERR file, so we can help you understanding what's wrong.

dthuis

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 10:33:03 pm »
Allright! Thank you for your quick reply, superb  :)
I will follow your advice and will post the report here - tomorrow morning when I am back on my FSX desktop.

BR,
dthuis

dthuis

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:39:54 am »
Dear Virtuali,

this is the text (repeated several times +/- 16x) in the couatl.err file:

couatl v2.0 (build 2364)
panic log started on Sat Aug 02 15:06:28 2014

problem raised by addon <no traceback available>TaskletExit: ()

I hope this helps you, to help me.

BR,
dthuis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 01:08:36 pm »
problem raised by addon <no traceback available>TaskletExit: ()

We still haven't found what can be causing this. Some users reported it, and we gave some suggestions, but the only case that someone came back to us telling how it was fixed, was here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9090.msg72836.html#msg72836

I have wiped my dedicated FSX ssd drive and started again with a clean install of fsx acceleration

Installed GSX before anything else and it's working perfectly

So, it seems that something in the FSX installation is causing this, perhaps another add-on that is not playing nice with Simconnect. Before you wipe your FSX, try this first, remove all your GSX preferences, by removing the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

Then reinstall GSX.

This will entirely clean every setting related to GSX so, if it still doesn't work after this, you can be sure it's something caused by something else.

dthuis

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 05:02:13 pm »
Dear umberto,

problem is solved! But it was none of the above  :)

I didn't want a fresh FSX install, because of the hours of work, so I blanked this option. Sorry ;D
Deleting the App Data Virtuali option was also tried by me, before this topic was started.

I tell you what I did and hopefully it will help future users, with the same issue as mine:

I deleted these files from my FSX root directory:
bglmanx.dll
bglmanx.dat
bglmanx_fsdt.dat

I read this option on this forum, from another user, with another problem. But hey... never a trie is always a no-go :-)
See topic: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=113.0

After this, I did a uninstall of GSX, Addon manager and a delete of the appdata/viruali folder. I rebooted my system and did a fresh install of
1) Addon manager - newest from the FSDT website
2) GSX

After this the problem was gone and I enjoyed the vehicles around my plane :)
Thanks for your quick reply's and support.

BR,
dthuis.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »
I tell you what I did and hopefully it will help future users, with the same issue as mine:

I deleted these files from my FSX root directory:
bglmanx.dll
bglmanx.dat
bglmanx_fsdt.dat

I don't think this is what fixed it, because all these files are always re-downloaded and installed when you reinstall the Addon Manager or any other installer. What might have helped was the reboot, probably.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:02:33 pm by virtuali »