Author Topic: Bglmanx.dll problem reported by FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 73452 times)

GSalden

Bglmanx.dll problem reported by FSX **SOLVED**
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:58:03 pm »
Hi team,

Because I was interested I downloaded the FSX version and after the installation I tried to run FSX.

I got the folllowing error message :

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (addon)
Name : Bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version : 2,4,0,1

Then FSX advices not to load the file.

Because I also own XCity Rome I have the latest Addonmanager.
Perhaps that has something to do with it.

I have Vista Ultimate with FSX SP2.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:06:33 pm by virtuali »

GSalden

Re: Bglmanx.dll problem reported by FSX
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 04:43:17 pm »
After trying several options I was able to stop this error meassage by :

Uninstalling the dll and dat file manually an then reinstall Zurich and after that reinstall XCity Rome.

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:05:13 am »
After trying several options I was able to stop this error meassage by :

Uninstalling the dll and dat file manually an then reinstall Zurich and after that reinstall XCity Rome.

Very strange your problem, tks for info.

theras

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:50:52 am »
I'm afraid I have exactly the same problem with the demo version of Zurich. I have tried to solve it by using the procedure described above, but to no avail. If I reply yes to the question if I want to load Bglman, FSX CTDs. For your info I hae the FSX Accelarator installed.

Regards,
Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 11:56:51 am »
This is usually due to a mismatch between versions, perhaps having installed old versions of something.

To be sure you have the latest versions for FSX, do the following:

delete from FSX root:

bglmanx.dll
bglmanx.dat
bglmanx_fsdt.dat

Reinstall Zurich 1.2. There's no need to install Cloud9's version of Addon Manager: in Zurich 1.2 we are installing their updated programs database as well, and the dll it's the same anyway.

theras

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 12:08:16 pm »
Did that didn't change anything, got exactly the same error message. Btw I use Vista Home Premium.

Regards,
Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 12:19:52 pm »
I don't know what to say. I confirm that works perfectly under Vista. Version shouldn't mattter, and it works even with DEP and UAC enabled. However, have you tried turning those off ?

UAC:
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

DEP:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1261/vista_disable_dep_noexecute_protection_fix_explorer_crashing

If still doesn't work, it *might* be another module in conflict. We known about issues with FSCopilot.dll, that sometimes are solved by changing the loading order of modules in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML, even if you don't have it, there might be a similar issue with another module we don't know of.

theras

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 03:10:46 pm »
A bit of good news eventhough I really can't explain what happened. I followed your sugestion and closed the DEP protection. Then I started FSX again and got the same error message, but this time FSX did not CTD when I choose to load BGLMANX and I was able to see the Zurich scenary. I then restarted FSX and this time I got no error message. So something changed but I do not know what.

Regards,
Dan

Murf

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 04:33:35 am »
Ok... I WAS getting the bglmanx.dll unknown publisher error and not seeing any buildings for ORD (just started today)... soooo I went into the AV program and added it as an exception (I have AVG AV).... rebooted, and restarted FSX. Still got the error and no buildings at ORD. BUT, I was still seeing the ADDON Manager in the menu, but NOT coutl. Sooooooo.... I downloaded the stand alone Add on Manager and reinstalled it.... still no go... but NOW I can't even see the Add-On Manager in the menu OR coutl....

Sooooooo... I did as THIS thread suggested and deleted the files
bglmanx.dll
bglmanx.dat
bglmanx_fsdt.dat

Still no Add-on Manager or coutl in the in game menu....

HEEEEEELP... I'm sure I probably did SOMETHING wrong, but no idea how to fix it!!!

I am running WinXP Pro 64-bit... FSX w/SP2.

I have NOT added or deleted anything from FSX since FSTD DFW came out, and it was working fine till today.

Any ideas???

I guess I should have put this in the ORD thread... but then it doesn't matter I guess as I am having the same issue with all the FSDT airports. (I just got done checking to make sure)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:41:41 am by Murf »
Senior Master Sergent (retired)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 11:33:28 am »
Ok... I WAS getting the bglmanx.dll unknown publisher error

ALL our executable modules are digitally signed. This means, if you get the "unknown publisher" warning, it means your copy of the .dll has been altered on your system, and it's not the one we distributed. The digital signature is used just for this reason.

Some reasons why the .dll has been corrupted on your system, might be either a virus OR a mistake of your antivirus program that, on top of having mistakenly identified it as a virus, has also tried to "heal" it, corrupting it.

So, whenever you see the "unknown publisher" error, you can be 100% sure the .dll has been altered by something on your system.

Sooooooo... I did as THIS thread suggested and deleted the files
bglmanx.dll
bglmanx.dat
bglmanx_fsdt.dat

Still no Add-on Manager or coutl in the in game menu....

That's fairly obvious: if you delete the files, but you don't reinstall them, how do you expect to see any menus, if you just removed them ?

The solutions it's always the same. Please follow all the steps, don't skip anything, and follow it to the letter:

After a reboot, check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu and the "Couatl powered products" menu under the Addons menu. If you don't have them, it's most likely caused by the antivirus, in this case, do this:

- DOWNLOAD the CURRENT version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Install Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

If this fails, do this:

- Go into Control Panel and Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager

- Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- REBOOT Windows

- Turn the Antivirus OFF

- Install Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF.

- Try to launch FSX with the Antivirus OFF

Murf

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 07:21:16 am »
Thanks Umberto....

I will give it a shot Saturday...   ;)

Murf

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 02:47:28 am »
Ok Umberto.... That did it.... Thanks a bunch!!!!

Dani787

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 11:21:19 pm »
Hello,

I upgraded my system to win7 64, and reinstalled FSX with all it's components including ALL airports of FSDT.

Unfortunately, I keep getting the same error message after following exactly all your instructions, including the antivirus. When launching FSX this message shows

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version 2,8,0,3
Company: VIRTUALI
File: bglmanx.dll

I downloaded the latest version of the stand alone downloader, and as already mentioned followed exactly you instructions.
This program worked fine on my old XP machine.

Please advise,
A very loyal and frustrated user of FSDT  :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 11:23:08 pm »
The solutions it's always the same. Please follow all the steps, don't skip anything, and follow it to the letter:

After a reboot, check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu and the "Couatl powered products" menu under the Addons menu. If you don't have them, it's most likely caused by the antivirus, in this case, do this:

- DOWNLOAD the CURRENT version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Install Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

If this fails, do this:

- Go into Control Panel and Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager

- Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- REBOOT Windows

- Turn the Antivirus OFF

- Install Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF.

- Try to launch FSX with the Antivirus OFF

Dani787

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 12:02:50 pm »
It just does not work . I did exactly as instructed one by one.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:47:23 pm by virtuali »