Author Topic: Safedock at Zurich  (Read 4767 times)

pstrsto

Safedock at Zurich
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:18:05 pm »
This may actually be a GSX issue but I have only experienced it at Zurich so I'm posting it here.

When parking at the E gates at Zurich the Safedock system guides me to the very same position regardless of which aircraft I'm using. All aircraft are guided to stop exactly at the bar designated for A319-20-21. This happens with every aircraft I've tried (PMDG777, PMDG747, PMDG737). When parking a 747 or 777 this means that the aircraft is parked too far away from the gate, GSX does not recognize it as parked. The correct aircraft type is displayed by the system. I have tried gates E52, E46 and E42, all show the exact same behavior. See attached screenshot.

Thanks for any assistance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Safedock at Zurich
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:25:12 pm »
The docking system is, by default, programmed to park you in the same positions that  would have ended up if you used the default World->Goto Airport FSX menu command, which means the reference point of the airplane will go in the center of the parking. This should always allow GSX to recognize the airplane as parked, even if the actual stopping position might not be entirely realistic for the airplane type.

The docking system also supports to change the stopping position depending on the airplane type, but it requires to be supported by the scenery, since it must know for each scenery (and in some cases for each parking position) the meter/pixel ratio of the stopping ground texture.

CYVR, KDFW, JFK1/2 and LSGG supports this feature, but not Zurich, which will work in a default mode. Might be a suggestion for an eventual update.

pstrsto

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:03:43 pm »
The issue is that Safedock does not park me in the same position as I end up at when using Goto Airport through the FSX menu. If I load the aircraft through the menu everything is fine. GSX works as it should in this case and recognizes the aircraft as parked at a gate. If I park manually after arriving I'm parked too far away and GSX does not recognize the aircraft as parked at a gate, except for the 737. AI is parked perfectly fine too.

EDIT: The same thing happens at PHNL. Loading the aircraft through the menu puts the aircraft closer to the terminal than manual parking. The difference at PHNL however is much smaller and not an issue for GSX and does not obstruct any taxiways, which can be an annoyance when flying online.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:21:17 pm by pstrsto »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:55:12 pm »
The issue is that Safedock does not park me in the same position as I end up at when using Goto Airport through the FSX menu.

Sorry, but I haven't explained it very clearly: the GSX parking system, in general, WILL put the airplane in the same parking position as the Go To Airport menu, but that's only when there's no customization of any kind, which means the marshaller.

The docking system, instead, can have a generic "offset" and (for those sceneries that supports it, see my previous list), custom offsets depending on the airplane type.

The generic offset is correct for the A321, and I tried the default A321 in one of the gates you reported, E52, and the airplane ends up positioned correctly, with GSX recognizing the airplane as parked, and the jetway moving.

So, I confirm it's just a matter of adding the different offset depending on airplane type, which is a feature not used in LSZH. It's not really difficult, so you can expect a quick fix.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 12:37:36 am »
Well...it took less then expected ( thanks to the power of Couatl scripting... ), just apply the latest update, and you'll get the custom offset for Zurich too.

I've only tested with default B737, default A321 and default B747, but it should work with most 3rd party airplanes, provided they get recognized by the docking system.