Author Topic: Containers / Ground equipment  (Read 14310 times)

Jeepee

Containers / Ground equipment
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:07:17 am »
Hello,

I notice now, when modifying the AFCAD for better gate assignment that you placed many ground equipment (baggage containers, lifters, stairs, etc) in the eastern parking zone -parking positions F70 to F75-.
Is there a way to suppress these objects as they are well outside the red protected area (anyway, as only small sized aircraft park here, there's no use for such equipment), and interfere with parked aircraft as well as the taxiway Y itself ?

Note also that baggage containers are never placed directly on the ground, except in storage areas...  lol

See my screenshot hereunder :

If it's not possible for you (which I would understand), could you point me out which *.bgl I'd have to remove to suppress all containers from the scenery ?

Thanks for your cooperation.
Jean-Philippe
Jean-Philippe DELWICHE
Line Training Captain B737
TUI Airlines Belgium (trading as Jetairfly.com)

www.jetairfly.com

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Containers / Ground equipment
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:20:03 am »
Hi, i have planned to move, on next release, this ground equipment.

Jeepee

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 12:12:27 pm »
Mille grazie, Alessandro.

Also, if you plan another update, could you also refine the taxiway E, leading to the threshold of runways 14 and 16.
In my opinion, it looks waaaayyyy too narrow to accomodate wide-bodies.
Are you sure about its actual width ?
Generally, the published width of a taxiway refers to the taxiway itself, but it always comes with shoulders, where the edge lights are installed.

Here, an example to show you these lights which are on the taxiway itself (instead of on its sides), clearly in the way of engines...:

Jean-Philippe DELWICHE

www.jetairfly.com

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 12:33:12 pm »
Are you sure about its actual width ?

Yes the width is the same, look the jpg ...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:35:08 pm by Alessandro »

Jeepee

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 04:01:00 pm »
mmh... strange; I wouldn't like to taxi a real 747 or A380 on this taxiway  :-\

what should help is to have a picture of the real situation on how the taxi lights and taxi panels are located...
Jean-Philippe DELWICHE

www.jetairfly.com

Jeepee

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 10:26:38 pm »
Hello,

I notice now, when modifying the AFCAD for better gate assignment that you placed many ground equipment (baggage containers, lifters, stairs, etc) in the eastern parking zone -parking positions F70 to F75-.

Good evening,

Many thanks for your update to the version 1.2.

However, at the contrary of what has been said earlier for this v1.2 corrections, the baggage containers are still not correctly placed (not inside the red painted safety areas, or also in the middle of the manoeuvring way to a stand).
Furthermore, since this new version, it is even worse at certain locations; for instance and especially near the "square" holding point at runway 28 !
The containers are clearly in the way of all taxiing/manoeuvring aircraft, sometimes a few meters only from the centerline or parking.

Until a possible (?) correction for this little bug -I know that any project can't always be perfect !-, would it be possible for me to completely remove the concerned bgl file ?
Which file is it ?

Thanks a lot.

Jean-Philippe DELWICHE

www.jetairfly.com

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 01:23:35 pm »
Try to rename this files:

lszh_ed_ca1_M.BGL
lszh_ed_ca2_M.BGL
lszh_ed_ca3_M.BGL

regards.

Jeepee

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 05:31:58 pm »
Indeed, when deleting the two first files ("lszh_ed_ca1_M.BGL" and "lszh_ed_ca2_M.BGL"), it solved the problem.

Thanks a lot, Alessandro !    :)
Jean-Philippe DELWICHE

www.jetairfly.com

markadeane

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 01:37:30 am »
mmh... strange; I wouldn't like to taxi a real 747 or A380 on this taxiway  :-\

what should help is to have a picture of the real situation on how the taxi lights and taxi panels are located...

I'll say, just getting an A343 down there required some seriously careful steering. Is the taxiway that narrow for a reason?
Mark

Jeepee

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 01:04:38 am »
I'm still convinced that this taxiway must indeed be wider in reality...
Jean-Philippe DELWICHE

www.jetairfly.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 08:46:24 am »
I'm still convinced that this taxiway must indeed be wider in reality...

As you can see from the comparison against Google Earth photo, the scenery is correct up to the centimeter, and that taxiway is exactly 18,2 meters wide, as in the scenery. Aerial photographs are georeferenced with extreme precision and any error during this process would have resulted in the whole airport not placed at its correct place, or scaled entirely wrong. Instead, everything matches with the position and length of the default FS runways, so it's obvious it can't be just that taxiway wrong.

Another proof, the Google Earth photo shows what seems an ATR or Dash-8 airplane taxiing there. The usable width of the taxiway, excluding shoulders, it's quite a bit less than the airplane wingspan, about 25 m for that airplane type. So, it's even more of a proof that the scenery is right and that taxiway should be about 18 m and a 747-400, with its 64 m wingspan, might seems a little cramped there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:53:20 am by virtuali »

Jeepee

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 01:21:32 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I know that this topic is idling since more than a year old, but now that Google Earth recently updated its database with more precise and updated pictures, we can see that the (usable) taxiway of 18m is clearly framed by hard bitumus shoulders of 4 meters on each side of the concrete taxi surface, making a total cleared path of 26m width.
Also, all taxiway lights are build along these shoulders, in the grass (and not on the hard surface).

And finally, all the taxiway signs panels are mounted at a recommended spacing of at least 25m of any taxiway centerline...

Any chance for un update...?

Best regards,
Jeepee

Jean-Philippe DELWICHE

www.jetairfly.com

aceridgey

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 09:58:55 am »

any update on this issue from th above poster?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 06:04:57 pm »
Regardless of the fact that, current Google pictures now shows taxiway shoulders, the concrete usable area is still 18 meters, as in the scenery. So, the issue, it's not that the taxiway is too small to be used, because it's exactly like it is in reality.

Having the shoulders added would be only a cosmetic issue, since you are not supposed to used them for taxiing anyway. The only issue would be the 3d taxiliights, that should be placed along the shoulders but, sorry to say, this (on top of updating the ground textures) is not the kind of update that it's easy to do.