Author Topic: Custom IAH AFCAD  (Read 25207 times)

N76055

• AirTeamImages
Custom IAH AFCAD
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:21:15 am »
Posted this earlier, but made some errors and decided to take my time on it. I've made some pretty major improvements, and now I'm very happy with it. My AI traffic is made up of models from AIA, AIM, AIG, TFS, and FAIB, etc, with flightplans from the good folks at the Alpha India Group. Parking radius' are mostly standard, the ExpressJet parking may be a bit wider than needed. Some parking codes have been added to accommodate older AI traffic (like BTA at Terminal B) this doesn't effect standard UALX aircraft's parking selection. Remote stands also have some 'dummy' codes in them to knock their priority down from standard terminal gates.

I refined, and added a lot that slipped my mind initially.

Biggest thing though, I shorted runway 26R and 15L to force large aircraft to take 26L or 27 (depending on direction of flight), and 15R (for departures), while the ERJs, and CRJs use 26R for arrivals and 15L for departures.

Runway selection depends on your AI traffic having the appropriate "empty_weight=" values in their aircraft.cfg, I didn't edit any of my AIA, FAIB, AIM, AIG, TFS, UTT models, and everything worked out just fine, so as long as you have the standard "empty_weight=" values you should be good. Another note, I deleted two small portions of taxiway just west of 15L to prevent AI from trying to cross 15L to get to 15R, this allows them to continue north on WB, join NB to bypass the traffic jam at 15L.

This isn't ideal, but it's certainly better than all the traffic piling up on 26R and 15L. It is realistic though, with regards to operations. Only thing not realistic is Lufthansa's A380 departing 15R, I think it might be possible IRL, but it's never been done. This is probably due to the A380 and the 747-8 being restricted from operating on IAH's "South complex" (runway 27/9).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23737560/KIAH_AIP_FSDT.zip

Shameless plug to demonstrate real world ops often have smaller aircraft on the longer 15L...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Airlines/Boeing-737-924-ER/2470958/L/

Doubles, baby!

Oh yeah, check out that traffic circumvention.

Little ones get to land in Austin....

Heavies arrive on 26L, or 27....

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:44:37 pm by N76055 »

Hnla

Re: Custom IAH AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 03:40:46 pm »
Well where do you download it???

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 06:17:12 pm »
What do you mean by "little ones get to land in Austin"?   ???
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

N76055

• AirTeamImages
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:45:52 pm »
Well where do you download it???

Well, looks like I forgot the link.

new link below.

What do you mean by "little ones get to land in Austin"?   ???

Running joke for Houston locals. Since 26R is so far from the terminals, many say it's like landing in Austin and having to taxi all the way to Houston.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:16:44 am by N76055 »

Patman101

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:29 am »
I love it thank you. My only question is there any way to get some larger aircraft to takeoff rwy 15L?

packers101

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 03:04:30 am »
Great AFCAD the only issue is that the East/West runways ILSs are reversed on my system. The IDs are reversed for the runways and the ILS courses are the opposite of what they need to be.

I'm not sure if this is only on my system or not but the default FSDT AFCAD is correct with the ILSs.

N76055

• AirTeamImages
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:18:02 am »
Good observation regarding the ILS switch up. I had to swap the base ends on the east/west parallels to get the crosswind config correct, but forgot to swap the ILS as well. Updated file attached, should be fixed, also adjusted some parking areas.

Unfortunately it's a limitation of FSX, if 15L is available to large aircraft no aircraft will use 15R. However, if you want you can go into your AI's aircraft.cfg file and adjust the empty_weight= field to be more in line with the empty weight of an ERJ. ATC will then send it to 15L (26R for landing).

packers101

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 04:02:28 am »
Thanks for the update with the ILS. Unfortunately, I'm still having some issues. The ID's still look like they're reversed (not too big of a deal), but RWY 9/27s ILSs are not working for me. I'm getting a glideslope when I tune in the frequency for 26L, but not 27, and I haven't tried 26R yet.

N76055

• AirTeamImages
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 08:25:00 am »
Updated.

New Interjet services parks on D10, Qatar now predominately using D4 instead of D7. In real life E5 just got a new jetway and is now actively used for the 9pm push, so it's now been activated as a heavy gate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsfpyp158dja29t/KIAH_AIP_FSDT.zip?dl=0

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 09:20:06 pm »
Good addition.  Nice to see someone else in here from Houston.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

mattd319

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 04:00:57 pm »
Thanks for the update.  However, question:

My AI traffic is made up of models from AIA, AIM, AIG, TFS, and FAIB, etc, with flightplans from the good folks at the Alpha India Group.

I can't seem to find any flight plans out there for ExpressJet / United Express.  Am I missing something?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 06:17:36 pm »
 There are plans for United and United Express here. http://ghiomflightplans.weebly.com/

p3dx3

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:16 am »
Updated.

New Interjet services parks on D10, Qatar now predominately using D4 instead of D7. In real life E5 just got a new jetway and is now actively used for the 9pm push, so it's now been activated as a heavy gate.

Thanks!

Where does Lufthansa Cargo and Air France Cargo park? Are their parking codes correct in the afcad, parking in the farthest north cargo ramp?

N76055

• AirTeamImages
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 05:39:35 am »
Updated.

Thanks!

Where does Lufthansa Cargo and Air France Cargo park? Are their parking codes correct in the afcad, parking in the farthest north cargo ramp?

Yes, that's correct. All generic cargo airlines face north on the south apron of the East Cargo complex. FedEx uses the southern part (facing south) of the Central Cargo ramp, and UPS uses the northern part of the north apron of the East Cargo Complex.

Also DHL/ABX parks facing south on the south ramp of East Cargo, and Air France Cargo uses the far-west spot, facing south, on the south apron of the East Cargo complex.

.... I really should draw a picture or something.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 01:59:24 am »
Good observation regarding the ILS switch up. I had to swap the base ends on the east/west parallels to get the crosswind config correct, but forgot to swap the ILS as well. Updated file attached, should be fixed, also adjusted some parking areas.

Unfortunately it's a limitation of FSX, if 15L is available to large aircraft no aircraft will use 15R. However, if you want you can go into your AI's aircraft.cfg file and adjust the empty_weight= field to be more in line with the empty weight of an ERJ. ATC will then send it to 15L (26R for landing).

Sorry if this is a dumb question but if i copy & paste this afcad into my FSX IAH Scenery folder . It won't mess any textures up or make buildings disappear only change the parking for the better? Im skeptical of these custom afcads after changing one in my FSDT ORD and messing things up sorry