Author Topic: GSX dropping out **SOLVED**  (Read 9432 times)

ofentress

GSX dropping out **SOLVED**
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:24 pm »
Umberto...........
An odd thing has happened a couple of times lately. I have the PMDG 777 lined up at gate G7 in Albuquerque (KALB).  I check the GSX menu and all seems to be well.  However, after getting the aircraft ready for taxi (loading flight plans, etc), when I select "5", GSX disappears.  I have the latest add-on manager and latest GSX installed.

When I restart FSX, GSX returns.

I'm stumped on this.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Jack Fentress
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:46:17 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX dropping out
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:35:00 am »
However, after getting the aircraft ready for taxi (loading flight plans, etc), when I select "5", GSX disappears.  I have the latest add-on manager and latest GSX installed.

It's likely there's a problem in your airplane configuration OR you don't really have the latest GSX installed ( to be sure, download the Full installer now ).

You might also try enabling logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX - Settings" menu, and then, after GSX disappears, check if you have a Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and post them both.

ofentress

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 06:41:13 pm »
Umberto...........
I downloaded and re-installed GSX (v 1.8.9.1).

The 777 config seems to be OK.  I tried another aircraft (A320) and at another airport (Calgary-CYYC) but same thing happened. Checked to see if GSX popup was present - it was. Then pushed # 1 and GSX disappeared. No longer listed in Add On area.  Shut down FSX, restarted and GSX was present.  Tried again with the same results.

I tried to attach the two files yuo mentioned, but wasn't allowed to attach those type of files.  I could e-mail them.

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:28:18 pm »
I tried to attach the two files yuo mentioned, but wasn't allowed to attach those type of files.  I could e-mail them.

ZIP the files together, and attach the ZIP file.

ofentress

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 06:09:31 pm »
Umbertp.......
Although I have WinZip, I have to admit I don't know how to do what you suggest.  I've tried but to no avail.

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 06:38:17 pm »
Send me an email.

ofentress

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 07:05:40 pm »
Umberto...........
The personal e-mail doesn't seem to have any way to attach things either.

In any event, I've excluded the bglmanx and Couatl.exe files but the program still drops out.  I've installed the latest installer.

In the Appdata area, here's what's there -

Airplanes         - file folder
GSX               - file folder
Couatl            - configuration settings
Couatl            - text document (log)
Couatl addons - configuration setting
Key mappings  - configuration settings

ofentress

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 07:43:51 pm »
It looks as if the last part of my previous post  wasn't included. What I was trying to say was that I tried to attach the Couatl.log, which seems to be a text document, but it wasn't recognized as such.

How are these items attached?

Jack

ofentress

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »
Umberto.............
I think I've fixed things by doing the following:

I deleted any and all references to the Add-on manager and GSX. I shut down the firewall and  all anti virus programs and downloaded the current Add-on manager and GSX.  I installed the Add-on manager and then GSX. I continued the exclusions of bglmanx.dll and the Couatl.exe.

Started FSX and repeated the processes that were the problem areas (airports, aircraft etc.).  Everything seemed to work as it should. So far , so good.

I'd be  interested in your opinion about this.

Jack Fentress

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 11:41:32 am »
The personal e-mail doesn't seem to have any way to attach things either.

I meant send me an email using your normal email program, the support email address is on the "Contact Us" page of this site.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 11:44:36 am »
I'd be  interested in your opinion about this.

You simply had something outdated, and somehow failed to install the latest full installer.

Or, your antivirus was still interfering, but you managed to fix it in the end. If the antivirus is interfering, you'll end up with a mix-matched version, because not all files types are being blocked by antivirus programs, if some of them are the correct version, and some of them are left outdated (because the antivirus blocked the udpated file), you'll end up in a very big mess.

Reinstalling the Addon Manager is not needed (either before or after), if you install the full GSX installer, because it contains everything.

Oscar de Wyldde

Re: GSX dropping out **SOLVED**
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 01:13:17 pm »
Is GSX incompatible with FTX Global? Since 2012 I have had no problems with GSX until I recently loaded FTX Global on my computer. The add-on drop down menu for GSX and Coutl disappeared and Control-F12 no longer brought up the Menu for my beloved GSX animations.

I have tried various methods of reinstalling GSX but it only loads up the add-on menu. I have tried to follow various solutions mentioned above but I think I need step by step instructions. I have even scrubbed the whole lot and started again.

Signed
Andrew Barnett
FSX/FTX Global/ASN/REX4/PFPS/GSX? :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 02:29:58 pm »
Is GSX incompatible with FTX Global?

I can't see why a terrain product could have any issue with GSX, but I don't have any idea of what (if any) additional software it loads and if there might be issues with GSX.

The add-on drop down menu for GSX and Coutl disappeared

As explained, many times already on the forum, if you are missing the Couatl menu, it's usually the antivirus. The first thing to try is the following procedure:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall  GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Oscar de Wyldde

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 02:01:10 pm »
Tried what was suggested to the letter. Did not work. I suspect the GSX program has a conflict with the HiFi Active Sky Next for FSX because when I ran the Addon Manager exe file separately, a separate warning message appeared about problems with HiFi software when I started up FSX. I knew one of the new programs I had loaded was stopping the couatl.exe program and thus GSX from working. I do not have a solution as yet.

Signed
Andrew Barnett
FSX/FTX Global/ASN/REX4/PFPS/GSX?  :(

Hnla

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 03:37:57 pm »
I love how you keep changing the program that you think is "incompatible " with GSX. Shows how much you really know about it.

Don't you think if GSX was *really* incompatible with Ftx Global or Active Sky Next , don't you think there would be more than one (you) person reporting it?