Author Topic: No buildings, No runway/taxiway markings **SOLVED**  (Read 8811 times)

numb3rmonkey

No buildings, No runway/taxiway markings **SOLVED**
« on: May 07, 2014, 04:56:15 am »
Just installed the latest version of KLAX for FSX and no buildings, runway or taxiway markings show up, only jetways.

Starting FSX, I get the option to add BGLMANX.dll but no COUATL. Addon Manager shows up in the menu but no Couatl. I have no other FSDT scenery, no Flightbeam, no Cloud9, no GSX. I have followed your directives regarding Antivirus: Uninstalling, yes twice, disabling antivirus, downloading again, installing, add the exceptions (I use ESET) and reenabling antivirus. Again, upon FSX startup only add BGLMANX.dll option comes up, no COUATL. Repeated these steps 5 times. Same result. Tried one last time by completely uninstalling ESET antivirus and disabled the firewall but still the same result.

ASUS Z87 Pro
EVGA GTX780
Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
FSX Gold

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:05:04 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings, No runway/taxiway markings
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:10:12 am »
Starting FSX, I get the option to add BGLMANX.dll but no COUATL. Addon Manager shows up in the menu but no Couatl. I have no other FSDT scenery, no Flightbeam, no Cloud9, no GSX.

Have you been ASKED permission to run Couatl when you reinstalled ? If you don't remember, do it again and pay attention to it.

numb3rmonkey

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 05:09:09 pm »
Reinstalled again and observed no permission requests for COUATL. Initial start of FSX yields the same request to use Addon Manager and to allow BGLMANX.dll and nothing else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:03:13 pm »
Reinstalled again and observed no permission requests for COUATL. Initial start of FSX yields the same request to use Addon Manager and to allow BGLMANX.dll and nothing else.

That seems to indicate Couatl.exe has been blocked by the antivirus, so it didn't even had a chance to start and ask permission to run.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall  the scenery.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

numb3rmonkey

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:34:32 pm »

... Tried one last time by completely uninstalling ESET antivirus and disabled the firewall but still the same result.

That seems to indicate Couatl.exe has been blocked by the antivirus, so it didn't even had a chance to start and ask permission to run.

I have no antivirus installed. The re-install yields the same result. No permission requests for Couatl at any time during installation nor within FSX only BGLMANX.dll/Addon Manager.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:02:45 am by numb3rmonkey »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 12:06:45 am »
I have no antivirus installed. The re-install yields the same result.

No permission requests for Couatl at any time during installation nor within FSX only BGLMANX.dll/Addon Manager.

This clearly indicated that you haven't followed ALL the steps, to the letter. Especially this step:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

If you had, you should have seen a new permission request for AT LEAST the Addon Manager. You said earlier you had a request to run the Addon Manager so, if you don't see it now, it can only means you have skipped this step because, doing that, will CLEAR the FSX.CFG for all your previous authorizations, so any module will ask it again, even if you already authorized it.

So, if you don't see a new request for the Addon Manager, and it WORKS ( you see the Addon Manager menu ), it's clear that you skipped that step.

Redo all the procedure, DON'T SKIP ANY step, and again, pay attention if you are being asked permission to run BOTH modules.

If you see just the Addon Manager request, but not the Couatl request, then you have failed to uninstall the antivirus or properly configure it, or you antivirus is still blocking even when disabled (we have some reports of antivirus so bugged, that are not really disabled even when they seems to be disabled)

If you don't see any permission request, but the Addon Manager menu is visible, it means you have skipped the reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?" step.

Kylan Walters

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 12:52:25 am »
DON'T SKIP ANY step

Maybe he didn't. Maybe your software is shit.  ;D

Hnla

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 05:03:52 am »
Maybe he didn't. Maybe your software is $%&

LOL, can't wait till you get banned.  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 02:06:39 pm »
Maybe he didn't. Maybe your software is shit.  ;D

Exactly, you have been now banned for a week, because usage of foul language is not tolerated here. It's only a week, because you put a smiley, otherwise it would have been a permanent ban.

My reply is correct based on the user's report: if he hasn't seen another trust request for the Addon Manager after the Uninstall/Reinstall, it's because he hasn't done that specific step I've explained, this is how FSX works: by clearing the [Trusted] section of the FSX.CFG, which is what is being done when Uninstalling AND replying YES to the question to remove the two modules, FSX will forget you have trusted those modules, and WILL ask again. This is a fact, and is not open to any interpretation,

So, maybe he *thought* to have followed all steps, but he clearly missed that one, without realizing. It's either that, or something different that what has been reported has happened.

Now, if you please, I would like to get to have the user problem fixed, instead of losing everybody's time into useless comments.

Hnla

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 02:41:16 pm »
It's only a week, because you put a smiley, otherwise it would have been a permanent ban.

Hahahaha, Oh Umberto... lol  :)

numb3rmonkey

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 04:19:51 pm »
I have followed your directives "to the letter" as I have from the very beginning. Addon Manager and Couatl are both removed during uninstall from the control panel.

Do you want to remove Addon Manager?

YES

WARNING, all products requiring Addon Manager will not work anymore! Are you sure?

YES

Do you want to remove Couatl Engine?

YES

Warning, all products requiring Couatl Engine will not work anymore! Are you sure?]

YES

I have checked my FSX.cfg and under [TRUSTED] there are no FSDT files.

I have checked the FSX\FSDreamteam folder and all files and folders are removed.

I have successfully uninstalled ESET Nod32 Antivirus. I have removed all remaining files and folders from Users\Appdata, default\Appdata, windows\INF, Program Files, removed all traces from Windows registry per ESET. I have also used their very own ESET Antivirus Removal Software. There is no trace of ESET Nod32 antivirus on my computer. I have never used any other antivirus software other than Nod32.

I start FSX:

Do you want to run this software? Addon Manager for FSX

RUN

Would you like to designate this module (E:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft...\BGLMANX.dll) as 'Trusted' software?

YES

NO PERMISSION REQUEST FOR COUATL

Checked FSX.cfg under [Trusted]

E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.crwkllearornenntbbchzwwctotuarnkwrwzwnaz=1

Nothing else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 04:38:46 pm »

That's the main issue. You should see a permission from both.

Just as an additional check, could you check your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML, and see if you have the Couatl.exe line there ? If there's a problem in that file, FSX will ignore it entirely.

numb3rmonkey

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 05:42:45 pm »

That's the main issue. You should see a permission from both.

Just as an additional check, could you check your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML, and see if you have the Couatl.exe line there ? If there's a problem in that file, FSX will ignore it entirely.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
 <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

That's all that was in the file.

numb3rmonkey

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 05:49:42 pm »
That was it. I deleted exe.xml and reinstalled KLAX and let the installer create a new one. Problem solved.

Many thanks for your help :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 04:04:55 am »
That was it. I deleted exe.xml and reinstalled KLAX and let the installer create a new one. Problem solved.

Yes, seeing the EXE.XML you posted, it was quite clear what the problem was. You were missing the whole header section, the one that looks like this:

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

With the various <Launch.Addon> tags for each module. Your EXE.XML ONLY had the <Launch.Addon> section. However, it was STILL a legal XML file, so our installer, that obviously checks for XML syntax before trying to make any changes to it and/or to report problems, didn't found it to be "wrong", because that's still technically valid XML, although FSX won't use it because it was incomplete.

That could have happened only with having edited by hand somehow, and of course, removing it and reinstalling it, fixed the issue, because our installer will create a brand new one, in case none is found.