Author Topic: Just purchased KJFK - KORD scenery inactive (UPDATE:now ACTIVE)  (Read 5096 times)

canadagoose

Just purchased KJFK - KORD scenery inactive (UPDATE:now ACTIVE)
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:52:38 pm »
Hi, I just purchased and installed the great KJFK scenery.  It's working fine. But when I load FS9 I get this message:

You have an old version of Chicago O'Hare
Please download the latest version from FSDreamTeam etc....
 THE SCENERY WILL NOT BE DISPALYED.

This happened only when I installed the new KJFK.  I previously purchased the KORD scenery.  Do I have to reinstall it and is there a ltest version?

Best Regards,
Tom
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:00:49 am by canadagoose »

tdavart

• Disrud Studios
Re: Just purchased KJFK - KORD scenery now inactive
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 10:45:15 pm »
Same problem here, only with Zurich. I just installed KJFK for a demo. So I reinstalled Zurich (v1.3) over the old one based on info from this site, and now FS9 crashes on load up, before I can get to the start a flight screen.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:55:32 pm by tdavart »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 10:49:54 pm »
You have an old version of Chicago O'Hare Please download the latest version from FSDreamTeam etc....

Do I have to reinstall it and is there a ltest version?

Simply do what the program says: download and install the latest version from this website.

canadagoose

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:25:56 am »
I will download and install the latest version, but does that mean I have to go through the purchase process again after I have already purchased it?  So, if I had not installed the new KJFK, KORD no one would be the wiser? Or would The KORD program have eventually stopped displaying like it did here & told me to download the latest version? It just doesn't make sense to me.  It should be my choice whether I want to update, not the programs. 

canadagoose

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:59:14 am »
OK, I successfully downloaded the latest version for KORD (1.1.1, I believe) and everything seems to be working.  It is active again after I re-ran the regkey for KORD.  I am still baffled by the way the process works, but at the same time I guess I would never have known about the latest version if I hadn't purchased KJFK and installed it. Thanks again though for these two very fine pieces of work, KORD and KJFK.  Out of curiosity are there alerts in the forum to let customers know about any updates and changes to sceneries because I obviously stumbled across the new version for KORD?

Regards,
Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 12:59:57 pm »
Out of curiosity are there alerts in the forum to let customers know about any updates and changes to sceneries because I obviously stumbled across the new version for KORD?

The current installers are already *partially* dynamic, because they always get the current version of the crucial files (dll/exe, etc.) online already.

We are working on extending this system, allowing to download everything dynamically so, if any small file changed, the program will automatically get it, without requiring to download the whole installer. And, there will be notifications, of course.