Author Topic: cannot activate JFK  (Read 3062 times)

timmo73

cannot activate JFK
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:51:33 am »
I had purchased JFK V1.  Then V2 came out so I purchased JFK V2.  Do I delete version 1?  Also, I cannot activate it.  When I go to esellerate to activate and it comes up with the number it says it cannot process request.  What is going on?  I tried registering version 1 and tried V2.  I still get the same message when I go into the website esellerate.  I got the same message with LAXV2 but it finally worked.  Is there a way I can fix this please? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: cannot activate JFK
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 10:28:46 am »
I had purchased JFK V1.  Then V2 came out so I purchased JFK V2.  Do I delete version 1?

Since the JFK V2 installer checks if you have installed JFK V1, won't continue until you uninstall JFK V1, and will tell you that, the only way to install JFK V2, is following what the JFK V2 installer says, which means uninstalling JFK V1 first.

Also, I cannot activate it.  When I go to esellerate to activate and it comes up with the number it says it cannot process request

You don't have to go to Esellerate to activate, that's not the normal activation method. To activate a product, you only click the "Register Serial" button from the Addon Manager, type your Serial Number, and let it activate without going elsewhere. This is the standard activation method.

What you are seeing, is the OFFLINE activation procedure, that is NOT the “normal” activation method.

This page comes up ONLY if there’s no Internet connection available, and it’s called the “offline activation method”. Now, the internet connection might be available but, it’s possible that ANOTHER program, like an antivirus or a firewall or a similar product, is blocking online access, so the activation servers can’t be contacted, and the activation is tricked into believing there’s no internet connection available, so it triggers the offline activation method.

So, you have two options here:

1) Find what’s blocking online access, and disable it (firewall, antivirus, etc.) so you can use the easier normal online registration, which only asks for your Serial Number and that’s it.

OR

2) If you can’t find what’s blocking access to the activation server, you can use the offline activation method, which works, it’s just a bit more complex. It works this way:

- Inside FSX, select the "Register Serial" option and put your SERIAL NUMBER there

- It will ask if you want to Activate, reply "Yes"

- If there's no internet connection, a dialog will ask you what to do, select "Offline"

- A Window will appear with 3 choices, select "Activate Using a Different Computer that has Web access"

- It will show a code called "Installation ID" related to this machine. THIS is what you need to enter on the Esellerate page when you are asked for the “Installation ID"

- Go to

http://activate.esellerate.net

and type the "Installation ID" into the field. It should reply back with another long code. Save this code and return to the non-internet connected PC.

- Wait again for the manual activation screen to come up. Now select "I already have an Activation Key and would like to Activate Now". Type the code you obtained from the web from the other PC, and it should activate.