Author Topic: Flashing Ramp-Taxi Textures in Prepar3D Version 2  (Read 5494 times)

SRAces

Flashing Ramp-Taxi Textures in Prepar3D Version 2
« on: December 30, 2013, 05:48:48 am »
I'm guessing that Vancouver is not fully compatible with P3DV2, but wanted to ask if there were plans to make it P3DV2 compatible.  I have KLAS and it runs fine in P3DV2 as well as GSX with no issues.  I decided to pick up Vancouver since the sale was going on.  Any feedback on this area would be greatly appreciated.  I can wait for any future updates as the FSDreamteam scenery is always top notch.  Happy Holidays!

Respectfully,

Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100884826/Vancouver-Flashing.jpg
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:06:50 pm by SRAces »
Steve Stubbs
USAF (Retired)
Lake Park, GA

Intel I7-950 @ 3.7GHz, ASUS Sabretooth X58 motherboard, 18GB RAM, Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case, Corsai X70 water cooling, EVGA GTX 780 and EVGA GTX570, etc.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
Re: Flashing Ramp-Taxi Textures in Prepar3D Version 2
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 06:13:59 am »
Looks like a P3D V2 related event meaning this most likely has to do with the sim because I don't think I've had this problem in FSX.

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:22:17 pm »
I'm guessing that Vancouver is not fully compatible with P3DV2

It already is. It's just that the dynamic shadows that comes with the scenery are not really needed anymore in P3D so, you will want to turn off the "NoShadow content" flag in P3D, so you won't have two kinds of dynamic shadows fighting each other.

It's possible this is causing some visual issues too, because if you have that flag enabled, everything will cast shadows, even those objects that are not supposed to do it (because we flagged it as such, but if you enable that option, that flag will be ignored), so the flashing you see might be z-fighting between ground elements (markings, etc) against their own shadows.

We proposed a solution to LM to have full dynamic shadows for the whole scenery, but allowing to always exclude certain elements, we can only hope it will be added in a future P3D update.

but wanted to ask if there were plans to make it P3DV2 compatible.

There's no need to do anything to make it compatible, because it already is, we might to a more optimized version for P3D, without dynamic shadows (assuming you will use the P3D ones), just to save a bit of memory.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:25:25 pm by virtuali »

SRAces

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:01:44 pm »
Thanks for the quick response.  I'll play around with the shadows in P3DV2.  I normally fly with the shadow effects on for a lot of the elements as I have a high end machine and graphics card.  I'm running Vancouver at the 4096 texture size and I must say the details is simply amazing.  You have really made a beautiful airport. ;D

I guess like a lot of things we will wait and see what LM does with the next few updates.  Happy New Year!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:06:29 pm by SRAces »
Steve Stubbs
USAF (Retired)
Lake Park, GA

Intel I7-950 @ 3.7GHz, ASUS Sabretooth X58 motherboard, 18GB RAM, Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case, Corsai X70 water cooling, EVGA GTX 780 and EVGA GTX570, etc.