Author Topic: How do I install my many FSDreamTeam and Cloud9 products to Prepar3d v2?  (Read 17786 times)

earnorbust

I have a brand new highend PC that knows nothing about my life as a simmer and knows nothing about all the wonderful sim products I have bought from your companies.
I have now purchased and installed the new Lockhead Martin "Prepar3d v2" to restart my life as a simmer again and would like to install all those goodies from "Cloud9" and "FSDreamTeam" to my new computer.  :)

Normaly, I would use Estonia's "MigrationTool" to install all my scenery, but past experience has teached me to be careful with your esellerate protection system.
So would you please assist me on how to install your Software correctly.

1) Can I use the Estonia "MigrationTool" to integrate your Software (FSX -> P3D)?  ...I have the tool.
2) Does your "esellerate" System function correctly with that install tool?
3) Do I need to install your "addon Manager"? (Is there a Version for Prepar3d v2 usage?)

What should I do to get this all done and working properly?

Best regards
Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How do I install my many FSDreamTeam and Cloud9 products to Prepar3d v2?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 04:19:08 pm »
The "Esellerate" ( which is only the sale provider, btw ) doesn't have anything to do with the interaction between the Migration tool or the fact an installer recognize P3D V2.

Since you are posting this in the Cloud9 area, I guess you are asking about Cloud9 products. FSDT product don't obviously need to do anything special, they just work in P3D2, provided you use their latest installer.

As with ANY (not just FSDT-specific) product that HAS a proper P3D installer, you must disable the Migration tool. This also doesn't have anything to do with the protection but, rather the fact the migration tool tries to fool installers and software they are running under FSX, which obviously confuse proper P3D products that check for P3D explicitly.

So, your issues are just Cloud9, and right now, Cloud9 installers are not updated for P3D2, and we don't plan to update them, not at least those that don't have an FSDT installer already.

However, you should be able to run them in P3D V2 doing the following:

- Install them in FSX, if you still have it installed. Or, use the Migration tool, but JUST for the installation.

- After all the sceneries are installed, download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX/P3D, which supports P3D2 and will update whatever is needed to be updated. Keep the Migration tool DISABLED in this case.

So, basically, the rule is very simple:

- If you are installing a product that knows about P3D (everything from FSDT right now), DISABLE the Migration tool

- If you are installing a product that doesn't know about P3D, INSTALL with the Migration tool enabled.

After you installed AND updated the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do, which is not needed if you install something from FSDT AFTER Cloud9, you should keep the Migration tool DISABLED, at least the Legacy mode, which changes the executable file version, and this prevents our stuff to run, because we need to identify precisely the simulator main .exe so, a faked .exe (P3D.EXE with FSX version info) won't work.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:23:36 pm by virtuali »

earnorbust

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 08:06:03 pm »
Well, that sounds good, so I disabled the Migration tool and shut down my anti Virus program and MS Firewall.

I downloaded your newest Honolulu scenery and started it as a supervisor - but it stopped after installing a few files with the following error:

"No Internet Connection available, press next to use local bglmanx files". The Installation didn't go any further and I had to cancel it.

What now?  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:20:53 pm »
"No Internet Connection available, press next to use local bglmanx files". The Installation didn't go any further and I had to cancel it.

As that message clearly says, you have the option to press the "Next" button, to proceed using the files embedded in the installer. Since the installer has JUST been updated, they are exactly the same so, you can still install using the local files.

However, that message indicates that something is wrong with your system, likely a firewall or similar antivirus is blocking online access to the installer so, even if the installer (being so new) WILL work even without the online files (a copy of them IS included), there might be other issues if you try to activate or if the antivirus is interfering.

Disable any firewall/antivirus or similar security software and try again. The server IS up so, the problem is surely on your end.

earnorbust

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:49:07 pm »
OK...thanks for your great support.  ;) We are almost done.

I first downloaded and installed the "addon Manager" (I had the same Problem - but just went on with next). The Addon Manager installed correctly and showed up in the addon menu of Prepar3d v2.
It showed all my products that I bought either at Cloud9 or FSDreamTeam.

DONE - I could Register all my installed FSDreamTeam sceneries correctly and the Airports Show all features! GOOD

Now...the Problem with the old products has to be taken care of.

In the message further up you said I should first install the old programs with the MigrationTool and then install and run your Addon Manager.
But I had to install the Addon Manager first to get things working with my FSDreamTeam sceneries.

Can I still install and Register the old Cloud9 programs even if your Addon Manager is active?   ...or do I have to uninstall the Addon Manager first now?
___

PS: I have noticed that you offer the scenerios: ZurichX, Los Angelos, Cicago O'Hare and Geneve as FSDreamTeam sceneries now. Are they the same as my older Cloud9 Versions?
Can I download, install and Register them instead of my old Versions?

Phew...so many things to consider   :P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »
I first downloaded and installed the "addon Manager" (I had the same Problem - but just went on with next). The Addon Manager installed correctly and showed up in the addon menu of Prepar3d v2.
It showed all my products that I bought either at Cloud9 or FSDreamTeam.

As I've said, you should have done this as your LAST step.

Now...the Problem with the old products has to be taken care of.

Because you have installed them after the Addon Manager.

In the message further up you said I should first install the old programs with the MigrationTool and then install and run your Addon Manager.

That's correct.

But I had to install the Addon Manager first to get things working with my FSDreamTeam sceneries.

No, you don't. The FSDT installer already come with the latest Addon Manager so, for an FSDT product, it won't make any difference if you install the Addon Manager or not, first or last, especially if you used the current installers.

It makes a different ONLY for Cloud9 products, you must install the Addon Manager LAST

Can I still install and Register the old Cloud9 programs even if your Addon Manager is active?   ...or do I have to uninstall the Addon Manager first now?

The only thing you should do, is installing the Cloud9 product FIRST, THEN the Addon Manager, as the LAST THING YOU DO. Registration doesn't make any difference, you can do it before installing the sceneries or after. But you need to install the Addon Manager LAST, if you install anything from Cloud9 before it.

PS: I have noticed that you offer the scenerios: ZurichX, Los Angelos, Cicago O'Hare and Geneve as FSDreamTeam sceneries now. Are they the same as my older Cloud9 Versions?

There's no such thing as a Cloud9 Zurich, O'hare or Geneva, they are all FSDT product. The only airport which has been remade by FSDT is KLAX.

Can I download, install and Register them instead of my old Versions?

Again, the only "similar" product from Cloud9 is KLAX, and that's a separate product with a different Serial so no, it doesn't share the old activation and it doesn't run in FSX either (so no P3D for Cloud9 KLAX) which means is entirely outside this discussion.

earnorbust

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 11:11:29 pm »
OK...

Do I understand you correctly?

Before I now install my old Cloud9 sceneries (Pisa, Rome, Orlando, Amsterdam, Bergen etc) I must first uninstall the Addon Manager and reinstall it after I have installed the old sceneries?
...and then activate them?

Correct?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 11:23:50 pm »
Do I understand you correctly?

Not really, you are making way more complex than it is.

Before I now install my old Cloud9 sceneries (Pisa, Rome, Orlando, Amsterdam, Bergen etc) I must first uninstall the Addon Manager and reinstall it after I have installed the old sceneries?

I haven't said anything about uninstalling anything, you can chose any order you want, as long as you INSTALL THE ADDON MANAGER LAST!!

earnorbust

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 12:07:55 am »
There seems to be a misunderstanding.

I don't know what to do now.

The Situation is:

1) The Addon Manager is installed in Prepar3d and shows all my purchased sceneries (old and new) in the addon menu of Prepar3d properly. The FSDreamTeam sceneries I have activated and they work fine!
2) I have not installed any old Cloud9 sceneries yet to Prepar3d (although your Addon Manager sees that I have purchased them and shows that they need to be activated).

So what must I do now to install all my Cloud9 sceneries to activate them?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 12:24:49 am »
I don't know what to do now.

Just what I've said: install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER the Cloud9 installation.

So what must I do now to install all my Cloud9 sceneries to activate them?

As I've said, several times by now, install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER the Cloud9 installation. Yes, you must install it again, even if it appears to be working now, but you must do it, to be sure the old Cloud9 installers won't overwrite it.

THAT'S why I said to install it LAST. You ONLY need to follow what I said, nothing more.

Not that there are so many Cloud9 products you can install to begin with: the only Cloud9 products that you can install into P3D (with the help of the migration tool), are the FSX ones, so it's just KMCO, ENBR and X-City Rome. All the rest is FS9 only, so they will never run in P3D, regardless of any tool you might use.

earnorbust

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 12:49:17 am »
OK...we are almost there now

Must I first uninstall it to install it again, or can I overinstall it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 10:50:47 am »
Must I first uninstall it to install it again, or can I overinstall it?

As I've said in my previous message:

I haven't said anything about uninstalling anything, you can chose any order you want, as long as you INSTALL THE ADDON MANAGER LAST!!

earnorbust

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 01:57:14 pm »
Hey...you seem overworked. You are really overdoing this and waisting a lot of our time to answer a simple question!

Of course... you didn't say anything about uninstalling....but you do talk a lot about INSTALLING the Addon Manager!

But how many times must I say, it is installed already! And yes I understand, that it should be installed again after installing my old sceneries. I got that.

The only thing that worries me is your Suggestion to reinstall it without uninstalling it first.
My experience is that you normaly don't install programs again when they are already installed without uninstalling them first!

So...lets end this discussion. Are you telling me that I must install the Addon Manager again (after I have installed my Cloud9 sceneries) WITHOUT uninstalling it first?
Please just give me a simple YES or NO?  :P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 02:11:06 pm »
Hey...you seem overworked. You are really overdoing this and waisting a lot of our time to answer a simple question!

YOU are. You are keeping asking additional questions, when the course action should have been way easier: just follow exactly what I've said, nothing more.

but you do talk a lot about INSTALLING the Addon Manager!

That's why I've said, you only need to be sure you do it AFTER all your Cloud9 installers.

But how many times must I say, it is installed already! And yes I understand, that it should be installed again after installing my old sceneries. I got that.

I perfectly understood that you already installed but, since YOU said you still had to install the Cloud9 stuff, I've said you will have to reinstall it AGAIN, AFTER running the Cloud9 installer, and I clearly explained why: to be sure the Cloud9 installer do not overwrite with something older, you must run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager LAST, to do some cleanup of older files.

The only thing that worries me is your Suggestion to reinstall it without uninstalling it first. My experience is that you normaly don't install programs again when they are already installed without uninstalling them first!

Since I wrote the installers, I obviously know *EXACTLY* what they do when installing and uninstalling, which is why I said you ONLY need to install the Addon Manager LAST.

That's the only thing you have to do, if there was any need to Uninstall something first, I would said so and since I keep repeating this, maybe you should start to TRUST what I say, instead of constantly suggesting that maybe, since "according to your experience", it's "generally" wrong to install something without Uninstalling first, so I might be mistaken here, perhaps because I'm "overworked" (this is what you are trying to say).

Sorry, no. I know what I'm doing, and you are always being given the CORRECT information all the time.

So...lets end this discussion. Are you telling me that I must install the Addon Manager again (after I have installed my Cloud9 sceneries) WITHOUT uninstalling it first?

I already replied to this question, twice. For the 3rd time: you don't have to Uninstall anything.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:17:31 pm by virtuali »

atco

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 09:37:17 pm »
OK so I'm totally confused.

I want to install Bergen in P3D V2.
I don't have the migration tool.
I ran the ENBR installer and it only installs into FSX. I ran the stand alone addon manager and that did its thing, but no Bergen in P3D V2.
I copied my FSX ENBR folder over to P3D and activated it in the scenery library, but there are no buildings.

Just looking for simple instructions for getting a Cloud9 product installed and active in P3D V2 please.

Many thanks
Garry