Author Topic: Adding new runway using ADE  (Read 7109 times)

sticky1202

Adding new runway using ADE
« on: October 19, 2013, 02:49:31 pm »
What would be the effects on the FSDT KORD scenery if I added the new runway 28C/10C using ADE? I only know the basics of using ADE, so I do not want to do anything that would ruin the scenery. Would it look totaly out of place do you think? Trying to improve the traffic flow is my main goal here. Thanks!

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Adding new runway using ADE
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 06:04:26 pm »
If adding a runway was so easy, we would add it ourselves in a moment...

adding a runway usually requires checking all taxiways layout, checking the vertical and ground signs that might have changed AND also adding all Approach procedures for the new runway AND checking all the existing ones if they might have been affected by the new runway.

Last time O'Hare added a new runway, we almost redid the entire airport... ( the 2.0 update )

FS98FSX

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:50:26 pm »
Reopening this topic, what if its just doing using default taxiways, runways, and buildings until the new one comes out?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 11:02:23 am »
Reopening this topic, what if its just doing using default taxiways, runways, and buildings until the new one comes out?

You mean you want to create a new AFCAD for O'Hare ? You can surely do it. But that would look like a default scenery and will require to uninstall FSDT KORD so, it's something entirely unrelated to it.