Author Topic: installation and updating of XClass World  (Read 5280 times)

chavins

installation and updating of XClass World
« on: October 10, 2013, 08:17:55 pm »
I have just purchased a copy of the above landclass scenery and downloaded and installed the new files. While waiting for delivery of the CD, I installed the downloaded zip file; installation apparently worked and the scenery library was updated     ( although there was an extra entry for the entire set as well as for each of the 5 individual areas). It seems as though all the downloaded files are version 1 from 2007. I then attempted to update the 3 regions with updates shown on the web site. The update exe programs do not work;  each repeatedly gives message that "destination directory has no files to update".  I have tried browsing as far down as the scenery folder for each area, with the same message resulting.

Am I doing something wrong or am I using the wrong update files?  Do I need to wait for the CD?  Please tell me the exact procedure for updating the lc files.

S. Chavin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: installation and updating of XClass World
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:54:12 am »
 ( although there was an extra entry for the entire set as well as for each of the 5 individual areas).

That's normal. The 5 individual areas are the regions sold separately as downloads in the separate X-Class product. The "World" Landclass is an area exclusive to the CD version which contains areas outside those 5 areas, such as Asia, Pacific, etc.

It seems as though all the downloaded files are version 1 from 2007. I then attempted to update the 3 regions with updates shown on the web site. The update exe programs do not work;  each repeatedly gives message that "destination directory has no files to update".

The "1" means "first CD version", but the CD was released well after all the main areas were fully updated so, you have all the latest versions already, that's why the updater says there's nothing to update.