Author Topic: Virtuali regarding AI aircrafts  (Read 5628 times)

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
Virtuali regarding AI aircrafts
« on: September 13, 2008, 04:01:28 am »
I downloaded the adobe traffic and installed and I have to say that I see why you recommend it

these are probally some of the best AI models out there

there is just one problem that I am having in fs2004

I cannot control the levels of AI aircrafts and it is driving me nuts

I also have the nice payware uktimate traffic

but I find that in that program the ai parks at whim

so I am trying to figure out a way to control the AI levels in the sim...

and i cannot even if it is at 2% the traffic takes up every gate at all my airports...

please help...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Virtuali regarding AI aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:48:12 am »
and i cannot even if it is at 2% the traffic takes up every gate at all my airports...

This because you probably have *both* traffic bgl active: UT's and Adobe's (and perhaps even the MS default one) so, even by putting down the slider low, the number of AI is so high that you still see many planes.

Go to scenery\world\scenery folder, and rename all traffic.bgl files to something else other than .bgl, except the one you want to use.

A320

• The Fruit Stand
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:35 pm »
[rant]Hi there, I know my post will be useless, because Adobe's traffic pack and similar are very popular and they fill your FS with traffic with one click, and what is even better: they are freeware. But the guys who have made those packages are using other peoples work, without their permission in those packages, so they are not legal at all.

In my opinion those packages should not be mentioned in public in respect to the people who have models, repaints, flightplans... included in the packages without their permission, to me it's something similar to write about using pirated stuff.[/end rant]
I am easy to get along when things go my way

MHTripple7

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 10:56:14 pm »
[rant]Hi there, I know my post will be useless, because Adobe's traffic pack and similar are very popular and they fill your FS with traffic with one click, and what is even better: they are freeware. But the guys who have made those packages are using other peoples work, without their permission in those packages, so they are not legal at all.

In my opinion those packages should not be mentioned in public in respect to the people who have models, repaints, flightplans... included in the packages without their permission, to me it's something similar to write about using pirated stuff.[/end rant]

You're right, the Adobe package is illegal. However, I don't think kyle joseph was aware of this so you can't really fault him. Kyle, I would recommend World of AI which has the same models as Adobe (Aardvark, EvolveAI, etc), is legal, and has more recent flightplans.

FSXForever

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:01 pm »
But virtuali was using skAI  ;D :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 12:06:55 am »
But virtuali was using skAI

I'm referring to skAI just as a convenient shortcut, because otherwise I should always say:

"a carefully selected hand made compilation of Aiardwark, EvolveAI, WorldAI and FSPainter which I've painfully downloaded from Avsim and put together so I can test our producs with a complex traffic package for the benefit of our customers"...

...which is way too long to type.

Since skAI (and Adobe, more or less) is basically the same, except for a different installer, I find it easier to simply referring to it as skAI.

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 05:38:22 am »
I will check out world of AI

Just looking for a quick traffic fix