Author Topic: KMIA  (Read 10141 times)

777captain

KMIA
« on: September 07, 2008, 11:52:57 pm »
The Flytampa KMIA is greatly outdated and the design is very ancient...Does anybody know if FSDT will consder updating or creating a new Kmia scenery? :-\ ???

Then they would have masterd major US airports! ;D

JFK
DFW
OHR
MIA

COA413

Re: KMIA
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:49:00 am »
I would like to see an IAH or EWR before that. Neither has a good scenery. At least the FlyTampa KMIA is decent...

thepilot

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 01:11:56 pm »
I would like to see an IAH or EWR before that. Neither has a good scenery. At least the FlyTampa KMIA is decent...

Exactly right.
Or LAS, PHX, YVR...

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 02:22:48 pm »
I was thinking the other night that McCarren airport (KLAS) and the Las Vegas strip done with FSDT's brilliance would really be something....especially the night textures....Hoover Dam in there as well....

777captain

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 12:29:46 am »

I sort of agree and disagree :-\

The thing is, IAH has been done by a freeware scenery developer and and EWR has been done by Imaginesim :)...However I agree that FSDT's scenery would be awesome there especially IAH!!! as FSDT are awesome at making big airports! ;D

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 02:42:08 am »
I would rather see PHX.

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 04:36:33 am »
PHX sounds like the best shot in my opinion, however a good LAS would really be nice

777captain

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 05:16:56 am »
What about KMIA...lol :D

Mr. Schutte

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 07:30:07 am »
How about CYVR, as already mentioned. Vancouver International is an awesome airport, and there is absolutely no scenery available for it except for a hideous freeware version that makes even the default scenery look better. The Fairmont hotel situated in the airport complex, the terminal structures and the tower, all are awesome. Would be great to see a decent Canadian airport done for a change.

jcupido

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 11:33:03 pm »
I agree that KPHX should be high on the list.  With so many photo realistic phoenix textures..KPHX would make a great complement.  Simflyers is outdated and cartoonish. 

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »
Simflyers is outdated and cartoonish.

That may be true, but they are a far sight better than what Microsoft gave us.  Most of the default airports look like someone laid asphalt in a corn field.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

jcupido

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 12:02:45 am »
Don't get me wrong.  Simflyers were great in their day but technology is a speeding train.  If you fall asleep at the station, it will not wait for you.  FSDT and a few other are on the train.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 08:14:44 am »
Not to mention its a rather simple airport. No really fancy buildings, aside from the new swa concorse and the new control tower.

Since I live 3hrs away from it and its home to my fav airline, I would love to see it done. I know a few people that live there who Im sure would love to see it being done as well!!

jcupido

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 05:25:51 pm »
Yup...KPHX has become the dominant hub in the southwest.  It would definitely justify itself economically if a developer were to create this scenery.  The problem is, if developers are overseas (as quite a few are), they will concentrate on hubs in which European airlines frequent.  KPHX only has British airways right now although Lufthansa and Emirates are looking for a way in.  Once you get a few more European (or Mideast) airliners on board KPHX will lok more attractive to foreign developers.  What is not understood is that it is very popular in the US and the flightsim population in the US is largest enough to create a profit from it's development.