Author Topic: Alternatives to FS-recorder  (Read 7645 times)

Andrea78

Alternatives to FS-recorder
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:06:24 pm »
Hi to all!!!
Does anybody know an alternative program (payware or not) to FS-recorder, in which it is possible to record flights and playback them, also as AItraffic (for example for formation flights)?
Thank you in advance!!!!
Andrea

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
Re: Alternatives to FS-recorder
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:33:59 am »
payware programs such as FRAPS which are recording software external to fs

FS recorder is internal and records aircraft inputs which can be replayed at a later time

if that is the program you are talking about then no.. there is no other recorder that is like that

However I do recommend combining the use of both recorders to make really good videos

much like a major motion picture directors strive for the best moments on camera

for instance

I was thinking of making a video

the first thing I did was to put planes in varius stages of action

flying taxing and save the best moments as .frc files (native to the system)

I then go back and change the settings

you have the ability to make it night or stormy weather with the recorder because it only captures flight data such as aileron movement and thrust settings

(on some planes it does not record the flap movement in that case it has to be done manually)

then when I feel the settings match what I want in a movie I go back with the video capture tool, In this case Fraps, to record my videos in the way best suiting the film..

as for a module that will replace the functions in this program, I highly doubt that they exist or have been developed soly for the use of the videographer

that is about all I know

if you want a good viewing module try walk and follow for fs2004 from IGfly when combined with a freeware viewing module from avsim

[(not fscamera) i will find the .zip and update this message]  it provides unparalleled vision and the ability to zoom in and out in the game without having to go to the view settings program and pause fs

I hope this information is helpful

ps. the freeware f1 view module can be obtained http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=66590 there

and works seamlessly with walk and follow by IGfly they are two excellent products that inhance the realism in FS2004

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:36:27 am »

The F1_View module is a very basic tool that implements mouse-based zooming, panning, and eyepoint adjustments, including the ability to move your eyepoint beyond the limits imposed by Flight Simulator (this feature is good to stroll about virtual cabins of larger aircraft). This module requires a wheel-mouse (a center wheel that also acts as a center mouse button). /QUOTE This application is provided for free by Flight1 and can even be placed on your own website for download providing you follow the guide lines set down in the agreement. For those who are interested, you can find it HERE http://atr.flight1.net/ , look under: Quick Links to our ATR Project Areas... • Accessory Downloads which can be found about half way down the page you are initially viewing. and a bit more info from the readme: Modes of Operation: Rolling the mouse wheel forward means rolling the wheel away from the user. Rolling the mouse wheel backward means rolling the wheel towards the user. Virtual-cockpit: Wheel forward moves you forward and wheel backward moves you back. CTRL+forward moves right and CTRL+backward moves left. SHIFT+forward moves up and SHIFT+backward moves down. CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms in. While in Pan Mode (when mouse wheel is pressed and held down) inside the Virtual Cockpit: Moving the mouse to the left rotates the view to the left. Moving the mouse to the right rotates the view to the right. Moving the mouse forward, away from the user, rotates the view up. Moving the mouse backward, towards the user, rotates the view down. Cockpit view: CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms the exterior view out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms it in. Tower view: CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms the view out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms it in. Spot view: Wheel forward moves the view distance forward, and wheel backward moves the distance back. CTRL+forward rotates the eyepoint right, and CTRL+backward rotates the eyepoint left. SHIFT+forward moves the eyepoint down, and SHIFT+backward moves the eyepoint up. CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms in. Note: View distance is different from view zoom. While in Pan Mode (when mouse wheel is pressed and held down) in spot view: Mouse left/right rotates the eyepoint right/left. Mouse up/down moves the eyepoint up/down. Top-down view: CTRL+SHIFT+forward moves the view distance out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward moves it in. Note: In this mode you can move your view all the way to outer space and back in.

these are the features listed by flight1 before I installed this module zooming in and out was a pain in the but

now it works nicely and the integration with the program of IGfly has made my simming experience more enjoyable...

Andrea78

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:58:45 am »
First of all thank you very much, Kyle!!!
My problem is that I'd like to make some videos of formation flights, with 2 or more aircraft. I already use the combination FS-recorder + Fraps, but the problem with FS-recorder is that if you record a flight with a number of FPS unstable and less than 24, the recorded aircraft jitter/jump when you play back it (http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149 ), and my problem is that with the actual PC configuration I'm not able to reach this value. I hoped to solve the problem using another software but it seems not to exist...  :'(  :'(  :'(
I forgot to specify that I'm speaking about FSX with acceleration pack.
I'm also dislike since FS-recorder is a great program, and I'm very sorry not to be able to take the maximum advantage from it...
Anyway thank you very much for the advise, I will try Flight1 module with FS2004.
Bye!!!
Andrea