Author Topic: Where is the KJFK V2?  (Read 20994 times)

VitaminA330

Re: Where is the KJFK V2?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 12:16:30 am »
Just one question about the new JFK: Will there be AES support for V2? Or does AES support of V1 even work for V2? (Well, the positions of the gates should be the same for most of the gates, right?)
I'm not sure, but I think I've read that all your newer FSX sceneries won't have AES support because they have GSX support anyway.

Hnla

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 12:33:11 am »
Just one question about the new JFK: Will there be AES support for V2? Or does AES support of V1 even work for V2? (Well, the positions of the gates should be the same for most of the gates, right?)
I'm not sure, but I think I've read that all your newer FSX sceneries won't have AES support because they have GSX support anyway.

No, it doesn't, at the moment, which is perfectly understandable, because GSX (which is better) is FREE at KJFK, so who would ever not use it ?

VitaminA330

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 02:23:40 am »
No, it doesn't, at the moment, which is perfectly understandable, because GSX (which is better) is FREE at KJFK, so who would ever not use it ?

Me :-) ...because AES is already active (from FS2004 times) for JFK V1 in FSX - so for me it's also free in this case. What's really better (AES oder GSX) depends on personal preferences. However buying an update while losing AES compatibility (even if GSX is available) wouldn't make much sense, as for me personally JFK V1 is still "good enough" for the moment. That's why I'm asking.
So if no AES support is planned I'm probably gonna stick with the old version and look forward to the next new FSDT scenery or the KLAS update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 02:11:51 pm »
So if no AES support is planned I'm probably gonna stick with the old version and look forward to the next new FSDT scenery or the KLAS update.

I'll explain again: fact AES will be supported or not, doesn't have anything to do with us, we haven't changed the jetway models from V1, they were just moved in different positions because of the changed/demolished terminals, so mr. Pabst has anything needed from us to add support to JFK V2.

So, whether there will be or not support for JFK V2 in AES and if this would be free or to be purchased separately, is entirely mr. Pabst decision.

Usage of GSX, instead, doesn't have much to do with the fact you were using AES or not. Instead, is more related to the fact that all support for docking systems at JFK V2 is now inside GSX.

Before GSX, each of our installers had to carry on an additional set of "GSX" support files (we called it ParkMe, back then, but it was basically GSX without humans), that weighted about 18MB on each installer, and it required to keep this files updated whenever we update GSX too.

Now, all airports released after GSX, such CYVR and JFK V2, don't include such support files anymore, which saves a bit on download size, and are easier to maintain, since we have a single installer that contains all of this, which is GSX itself, which also has the ability to self-update.

This means, you should consider GSX as being an integral part of the scenery, just in a separate download and, because it's free, there's no reason not to download it, otherwise you wouldn't have docking systems, this is valid for CYVR and JFK V2, but it will shortly be like this for all our other sceneries.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:31:02 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 03:36:32 pm »
Are we sure it isn't supported?  I removed version 1 prior to installing version 2, and JFK shows up in AES as being installed in demo mode.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2013, 03:37:42 pm »
Are we sure it isn't supported?  I removed version 1 prior to installing version 2, and JFK shows up in AES as being installed in demo mode.

I can confirm that
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1