Author Topic: AI Traffic at LAX  (Read 14485 times)

Cortez2471

AI Traffic at LAX
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:01:03 pm »
Hey guys, I'm new in this forum.
I recently started flying with my Air New Zealand 747 from auckland to london via los angeles. So I thought it would be nice to have
Air new Zealand Ai traffic as well, I installed it right away.
When I arrived in los angeles the anz 777 was parked at the west gate area, even though it says on your manual that they should be parked at Terminal 2.
Would be great if someone could help me :)
Sorry for  my english writing, german over here ;)
Thank you!
Moritz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI Traffic at LAX
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:15:32 pm »
When I arrived in los angeles the anz 777 was parked at the west gate area, even though it says on your manual that they should be parked at Terminal 2.

The larger planes for international flights usually park in the west area. If an airplane doesn't fit in a parking space, it will be assigned where it can fit, even if the parking has a specific airline code assigned.

Cortez2471

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:16:08 am »
okay thank you! So there is no way of getting  it parked at Terminal 2?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 02:10:23 pm »
okay thank you! So there is no way of getting  it parked at Terminal 2?

You can direct in some way a specific airline only for AI.

For your own airplane, the airline assignment code of parking and the one of your own airplane (if it has one) are not taken into consideration by the FSX ATC, you are always assigned to the first closest parking that fits your airplane size, that's how FSX works and it's nothing a scenery can change, other than removing all parkings except the ones you are interested in.

Theaver

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 02:03:48 pm »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respond, how do you get the other ai traffic to seem noticable like on mine all you see is lights how do you see the whole aircraft like in 6:02

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 02:40:23 pm »
on mine all you see is lights how do you see the whole aircraft like in 6:02

This has been discussed many times already on the forum: if you are only seeing lights instead of the whole airplane, it's because you are using legacy AI made for FS9 in FSX.

There are two possible solutions:

1) Use only native FSX AI modules. Your fps will also benefit from this

OR

2) Turn off the "Airplane cast shadows on ground" option in the FSX graphic settings. This will fix the disappearing FS9 AI, but of course won't fix the fact that FS9 AI used in FSX will slow down your sim, so the best option is #1