Author Topic: Wheels of service vehicles some times sunk in the ground  (Read 4456 times)

pipeorgan

Wheels of service vehicles some times sunk in the ground
« on: March 27, 2013, 04:03:09 pm »
Sometimes a vehicle's wheels are sunk in the ground. Occasionaly the vehicle may then pop up and perform normally. What is the cause of this and how can I resolve it? I use P3D 1.4'with the latest MakeRunways and FSUIP and have GSX on auto. updates.

BTW I just love GSX it adds wonderfully to the virtual world of the sim.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:04:57 pm by pipeorgan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wheels of service vehicles some times sunk in the ground
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:08:54 am »
I don't know about the program you mentioned but, in general, GSX vehicles goes automatically (entirely handled by the sim) on the airport height, as specified in the scenery AFCAD.

Which means, any problems with altitude placement that result in GSX vehicles not at the correct altitude, doesn't have anything to do with GSX, but are related in some way to the scenery altitude or something that might affect it.

pipeorgan

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:56 pm »
You say "I don't know about the program you mentioned" do you mean P3D as GEX is suppost to be P3D compatible!

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:21:27 pm »
You say "I don't know about the program you mentioned" do you mean P3D as GEX is suppost to be P3D compatible!

GSX is surely fully compatible with P3D, which can of course easily seen by looking at its installer, which specifically ask and find P3D. But I have no idea what that MakeRunways program you mentioned is, but from the name, it seems something that *might* potentially affect airport altitudes.

pipeorgan

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:08 am »

GSX is surely fully compatible with P3D, which can of course easily seen by looking at its installer, which specifically ask and find P3D. But I have no idea what that MakeRunways program you mentioned is, but from the name, it seems something that *might* potentially affect airport altitudes.

See http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html for MakeRunways which produces  MakeRwys which " is a simple utility which extracts selected airport data from active scenery, basing its scan on the active SCENERY.CFG file. It produces data files for all versions of Radar Contact, for FStarRC, and for several other programs. It is suitable for FS2002, FS2004 and FSX."

Are you saying that this may be effecting GSX as if so I really have a problem as I need to run it!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 02:27:58 pm »
Are you saying that this may be effecting GSX as if so I really have a problem as I need to run it!

From your description, it doesn't seem to change sceneries so no, it probably won't affect GSX. I don't know what else could cause this problem, and nobody else reported it so far, unless it's the usual "AFCAD in conflict" issue but, it's not clear if it's happen at *every* airport, and how much wheels sinks into the ground.

If it's just a few centimeters, that's normal and it's simply the effect of the various airport ground layers being raised a bit to fix texture bleeding due to z-fighting.

pipeorgan

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 04:58:14 pm »
It is happening quite frequently at many airports with the wheels of the baggage trollies completely  submerged in the ground and the wheels of the vehicle pulling the trollies  half submerged. I will do some tests a send you the results after Easter.

John