Author Topic: Ghost planes  (Read 3977 times)

Jetsetter

Ghost planes
« on: March 26, 2013, 03:59:55 pm »

I've not yet purchased this product but from the reviews and you tube footage I have seen it looks good. The only thing I can see that lets it down are the absence of passengers either boarding from the bus or disembarking from the aircraft. A real shame.

Is this something GSX are going to update very soon. I hope so.
Windows 7 Home 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ghost planes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »
This has been asked, discussed and answered so many times, and we were so *sure* people would ask for it, that we put a clear not on the GSX manual about it.

There have been countless of discussions on this forum, and complete explanations about the issues involved. The short answer is, is something we have already looked into, and GSX will have it in the future, but we can't promise any date for it.

For the time being, just enjoy GSX for what it ADDS to FSX (and it surely adds at lot), rather than worrying about what might be added to it.

Jetsetter

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:28:56 am »
I'm not at all worried about it. As a newcomer to this forum (not sure for how long going by your attitude) and only finding out about this product by chance a few days ago I was simply asking the question.

Yes it does look good and I'm sure it will add some realism to FSX. It just seems strange that you can produce human figures for various operations in GSX but not for what the aircraft is principally for, which is to transport passengers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:31:04 am by Jetsetter »
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 02:25:15 pm »
Yes it does look good and I'm sure it will add some realism to FSX. It just seems strange that you can produce human figures for various operations in GSX but not for what the aircraft is principally for, which is to transport passengers.

Keep in mind those human figures are like software stuck in a loop, they repeat the same thing over and over.  The catering guy starts in back of the truck, goes into the plane, and returns to the truck to complete the loop.  Passengers aren't as simple...
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

johndrago

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 01:12:06 am »
I'm not at all worried about it. As a newcomer to this forum (not sure for how long going by your attitude) and only finding out about this product by chance a few days ago I was simply asking the question.

The other short answer is that FSX has a limit to how many animations it can handle before becoming unusable. As Umberto said, they are tying to make it happen, without spoiling all of the other excellent features that work smoothly.

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:50 am »
Keep in mind those human figures are like software stuck in a loop, they repeat the same thing over and over.

Not all GSX humans are dumb loops. The wingwalker, for example, walks programmatically over any path, otherwise he wouldn't be able to follow the airplane during the pushback, which follows AFCAD lines over any length, we could let the marshaller walking around the whole airport, if we wanted to.

So, we already solved the "my human is a dumb loop" issue, but for passengers there's an additional level of complexity added, which is creating a believable crowd simulation, staying within the FSX limitations.

Jetsetter

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 05:41:48 pm »

Thanks for the feed back everyone.