Author Topic: Marshaller hidden by tug tractor  (Read 3586 times)

juanbetan

Marshaller hidden by tug tractor
« on: February 06, 2013, 06:28:01 pm »
Hello FsDreamteam!
First of all i want to congratulate you for this nice product!!
But i have a problem. When i select the parking position, automatically a tug tractor is positioned ahead the parking position, exactly between the marshaller and the plane, so form the cockpit view it's not possible to see the marshaller. I have tried with many different airports and different planes (737, 747, MD11, A320) and always it's happening the same. This tug tractor it's not the same that the tractor who do the pushback procedure. It's an static tractor, but it appears only when i select the parking position after landing. How can i remove this tractor?? I already update the couatl services and update the GSX/
Thanks for your help.
Brgds,
Juan Betancourt
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:44:39 pm by juanbetan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller hidden by tug tractor
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »
It's possible you are seeing the default pushback truck.

The GSX installer patches the default vehicles_airport.bgl file to exclude it but, it might not be able to do that, if you modified it with 3rd party add-on ground vehicles. You should have seen a message in the GSX installer alerting it wasn't able to patch the default vehicles bgl.

You can exclude it also by lowering the ground airport traffic density in the FSX settings, since you have GSX, you might as well set it to zero.

juanbetan

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 05:10:21 pm »
Hello Umberto.
I had deactivate (lowered to 0) the ground airport traffic density, and the pushback truck have been dissapeared.
Thanks for your help!
Brgds,

tigrafighter

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:26:54 pm »
Sadly i had to reinstall my whole fsx :'( This means also to reinstall gsx. I use World ground traffic and the pushbacktruck is still there. Vehicles_airport.bgl is patched because i have a vecicles_airport.gsx. But the pushbacktrucks wont disappear?! I did exactly the same like some month ago when i was installing gsx the first time, but now i am not able to solve the problem :-[
With the Default pushbacktruck everything works fine. First installed the fsx, then World Ground Traffic and then GSX. Can anyone please help me :-\
I tried to remove the pushback Folders, but i dont know which are the right ones?! Thanks ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:49:09 am »
Fact you have the .gsx backup file doesn't mean the default vehicles .bgl airport has been successfully patched now, it only means it has successfully patched when you it was still default.

Once you modified it, it can't be patched anymore so, you'll see double Pushback trucks, which is not usually a problem (other than a cosmetic one), since GSX pushback truck is not affected by the default one, and it starts in a different position.

There's no way to get rid of the default pushback vehicle other than patching the file, you just can't remove some file. If you remove the airport vehicles bgl, you'll lose ALL default ground vehicles so, if this is ok for you, you can just do that.

Or, you can remove the ground traffic complexity slider, so it will not display ground vehicles anymore.

Just to be more clear: the whole issue is just a visual thing: regardless if you see or not the default pushback vehicle, it will not affect GSX Pushback *functionality* in any way.