Author Topic: CTD Caused dll.XML error ...  (Read 5204 times)

JamesChams

CTD Caused dll.XML error ...
« on: July 31, 2008, 07:19:36 pm »
Dear Umberto,

I recently experienced a CTD caused by a lockup in FS while in the game.  After, I reset the system and loaded FS I began to get the following error.  I answered "yes" to that message. But, it keeps reoccuring now everytime I load FS.  With all you registry knowledge is there something I can do to fix this? ???  Please Help!   
PS:   It occurs for every item (6 of them) in the dll.xml file.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

Re: CTD Caused dll.XML error ...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:37:50 pm »
NEVER MIND! :-[ - I resolved it by reinstalling one of the modules - I chose FSUIPC to do that.  All works fine now. :) :D

Thank you.  ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:49:08 am »
I suggest running our Addon Manager standalone installer anyway, so it will "live update" the Addon Manager from the net, since have a slightly outdated version (current version as of today, is 2.5.0.5), we are constantly updating it: the new version is a little bit less memory consuming than the previous one.

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 10:18:27 am »
I suggest running our Addon Manager standalone installer anyway, so it will "live update" the Addon Manager from the net, since have a slightly outdated version (current version as of today, is 2.5.0.5), we are constantly updating it: the new version is a little bit less memory consuming than the previous one.

Thank you very much!  Just did as you suggested and I like the "Live Update" feature.  But I must ask you; Have you considered posting it on the http://www.fsdreamteam.com/ main page?  I find that I have to go to Cloud9's Home page to get the Addon Manager.  It might help, if you post it on your site, to reduce the confusion that people have between your and other competitors products or at least a weblink.  Thank you.

Also, what does the "View  Optimization" check box do?

Thanks again.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:24:54 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:10:03 pm »
But I must ask you; Have you considered posting it on the http://www.fsdreamteam.com/ main page? 

There are links for the Addon Manager stand-alone installer on both Zurich and O'hare produt pages.

We were running an internal betting about who might be the first user that noticed that...:)

It's an experimental feature that, being experimental, is disabled by default. If you enable it, the Addon Manager will determine your actual view direction, and will throw away entirely 3d objects that are in a "blind zone" behind the user. The object is not simply culled from display, because FSX does it anyway, but it's destroyed altogether.

This option might help the frame rate, of course only in sceneries handled by the Addon Manager (Zurich, O'Hare and the upcoming JFK). My estimate is that the more powerful your system is, the less the option is effective, but it's a wild guess. You *might* also notice more stuttering with the option on.

We are interested hearing some feedback: you can simply enable the option, and immediately see the results, there's no need to restart FSX or reload the scenery. If the option is off, it will works exactly like it always had.

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:48:28 pm »
But I must ask you; Have you considered posting it on the http://www.fsdreamteam.com/ main page? 

There are links for the Addon Manager stand-alone installer on both Zurich and O'hare produt pages.

Yes, thank you... I see that now.  I've already purchased them so, its been a while since I look at those pages.  ;D

We were running an internal betting about who might be the first user that noticed that...:)

It's an experimental feature that, being experimental, is disabled by default. If you enable it, the Addon Manager will determine your actual view direction, and will throw away entirely 3d objects that are in a "blind zone" behind the user. The object is not simply culled from display, because FSX does it anyway, but it's destroyed altogether.

This option might help the frame rate, of course only in sceneries handled by the Addon Manager (Zurich, O'Hare and the upcoming JFK). My estimate is that the more powerful your system is, the less the option is effective, but it's a wild guess. You *might* also notice more stuttering with the option on.

We are interested hearing some feedback: you can simply enable the option, and immediately see the results, there's no need to restart FSX or reload the scenery. If the option is off, it will works exactly like it always had.

Very interesting; I'll try it out and let you know.  BTW - Who won the bet?

Thanks for everything.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams