Author Topic: What can I do...  (Read 6627 times)

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
What can I do...
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:31:34 am »
I have recieved an Error on my PC

it is an NFTS error more commonly known as (stop: 0x00000024)

windows doesn't load. I am at a great loss

all the people I have contacted claim that my computer will have to be restored to the default settings which requires deleting all of the files on the hard drive

as these files contain confirmation numbers and proof of purchase information, I am afraid that I will not be able to recover all of these sceneries

as for right now, my FS computer sits alone is surface cold, and my dreams of using JFK lost...

I will do what I can in order to see if there is any way I can save the information on my hard drive...

if anybody can help please leave a reply to this post

if anybody knows or has heard of a solution to salvage the information on my hard drive this help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

kyle joseph

JamesChams

Re: What can I do...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:50:19 am »
If you are using Vista, Look into "Restore Points".

Sorry for your bad news!  To prevent this from happening, I highly suggest using a product by Symantec called Norton's Ghost. http://www.symantec.com/norton/ghost

Good Luck!
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:10:46 am »
as these files contain confirmation numbers and proof of purchase information, I am afraid that I will not be able to recover all of these sceneries

I can't obviously speak for other products but, at least with the purchases made from FSDreamTeam (and Cloud9 as well), you can recover all your addons very easily after a system crash, even if you haven't made any kind of backup, have a look here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 08:12:33 am by virtuali »

Dimon

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 02:31:28 pm »

Sorry for your bad news!  To prevent this from happening, I highly suggest using a product by Symantec called Norton's Ghost. http://www.symantec.com/norton/ghost

Good Luck!

Interesting.

If I make a "ghost" image of my FS2004 folder with 1029478172321 addons installed and then try to re-install it from the scratch, will it work?
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 06:04:57 pm »

Good Luck!

Interesting.

If I make a "ghost" image of my FS2004 folder with 1029478172321 addons installed and then try to re-install it from the scratch, will it work?

Yes and No - If it is just the FS folder you backup, you will have all the files restored; but installing FS or many addon products like FSUIPC make windows registry entries that are not stored in the default FS folders but rather in the windows registry and/or other places.  So, to get all of these you have to do an entire "HDD/partition volume" backup; then when you restore it, it will be as if it was the day you initially backed it up.  That's the simple explaination; for more info. read the site documentation.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:07:16 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

kyle joseph

• KJ762AA
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 04:51:01 am »
i contacted microsoft

I will be getting the windows repair cd in the mail.

my questions is, how to do a repair install without loosing any data such as downloaded ms content and

having the fs folder in its current state

my biggest worry regarding a complete loss of data would be from AES

would I still be able to use the credits because theoretically I already activated them

for now my biggest question is how to reinstall windows without damaging the files that I need

saved documents created documents and so on...

if you know how to do a repair install please leave me a message or post it here

thanks,
Kyle Joseph

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:27:30 am »
Use Symantec's Norton Ghost... It is designed for such situations.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/ghost/

RE: AES Credits; Talk to Aerosoft.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

kyle joseph

• KJ762AA
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 05:12:56 am »
hello again

can u do the same for the cloud9 airports

I will contact cloud9 customer support if that is more appropriate

I am wondering if you can email the purchase information to my email address if it is possible for those scenenries

and I am re installing fs2004...

uninstalling the program from the add/remove programs and then going through the entire install pricess again

I am wondering whether an I will have to use another of my Kord activations or will it sense that the product was once installed on my hard drive and install normally