Author Topic: GSX Pushback issue whilst using Airbus Extended  (Read 3607 times)

robbo747

GSX Pushback issue whilst using Airbus Extended
« on: January 21, 2013, 04:36:15 pm »
I am using the Airbus Extended, version 1.03b, when i select GSX pushback, I loose the 'Couatl-powered' menu.  The AEX has its own pushback, recently added, but I prefer the GSX system.  There doesn't seem to be any overlap with its use, the AEX system is accessible via the MCDU, a little bit like the PMDG system on the NGX.

It does not appear to be specific to any airport.

Anyone else having a similar problem.  

Thanks for any help

Rob
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:04:13 am by robbo747 »

Richeng

Re: GSX Pushback issue whilst using Airbus Extended
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 03:35:17 pm »
Hi Rob,

I have had problems with this as well.  From last flight I found the following works: start pushback in GSX; select the 'Start' (no pushback) option in AXE.  All seemed ok  :)

Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:22:18 pm »
I've tried it just now, and there are no problems. I haven't used the Airbus supplied pushback.

Also, be sure you apply the latest Live update released yesterday, because it adds a new feature that recognizes the Airbus X Wheel chocks, so you can use them in place of the parking brakes. It's not really related to your issue, but it's best to update it anyway, because with one of the latest updates, it's possible to have the wheel chocks removing the parking brakes automatically, which conflicted with the GSX logic.

knack

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 08:39:44 am »
I am using the Airbus Extended, version 1.03b, when i select GSX pushback, I loose the 'Couatl-powered' menu.

I noticed this happens to me when I connect to IVAO. My GSX menu options disappear although it seems that GSX is still running in the background as when I release the parking brake I get the characteristic "bong" warning sound from GSX to reset the brakes. Seems to be a quirk we have to live with.

Tony