Author Topic: Virtual Cockpit Rain fix for FSX  (Read 15911 times)

JamesChams

Virtual Cockpit Rain fix for FSX
« on: July 22, 2008, 05:14:44 am »
Gents/Ladies,

I happened upon this freeware that resolved an issue that I had with FSX since its conception - Why doesn't it Rain and show it, while in the VC?

Apparently, that was another bug the MS overlooked.  But, the guys at Flight1.com decided to semi-resolve this (but no droplets on the Canopy/Windows) and give it as freeware.  Now it rains in the VC ...

Click to Download it here: Virtual Cockpit Rain fix for FSX (1.1MB)

Thank you Flight1 and Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 06:20:25 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Kalorien

• It is what it is
Re: Virtual Cockpit Rain fix for FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 08:58:32 pm »
Hi all,
I installed the fix with an extremly nice result. CTD!! Reverting back does not help. Thank you, now I can make a whole new Installation of my FSX. Well that will take a long time to get everything back. Thanks again... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
B.ll.sh.t

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 01:08:23 am »
''Why doesn't it Rain and show it, while in the VC?''

My FSX will show it's raining in VC, it just doesn't show rain drops on the windshield like it does in cockpit view. Not sure about adding the fix.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 11:49:28 am »
That's what happens when you reply to a 14-years old thread without doing any research.

First, this post links to a a free utility MADE BY FLIGHT1, so if you wanted to complain about it not working well here, it won't be very effective, just as it would be silly to complain on Flight1 website about, for example, an FSDT scenery not working. So, if you have any issues with this utility, please report them to Flight1, which have a support forum as well, and they might help you with it.

Also, fact this post was made in 2008, should make you see things in perspective, because back then there weren't many airplanes specifically made for FSX, most of the were converted from FS9.

As far as I know, FSX changed the way Rain in VC is made, and requires each airplane develop to create its custom rain effect that is specific for that plane only, while in FS9 there was a "global" effect that worked (the same) for every aircraft. However, FSX still supported it, but only for planes originally made for FS9 and used in FSX.

That's likely the only time in which this fix might be useful, but I don't think many are stil using planes for FS9 in 2022, and it's even possible that later FSX versions ( like the Steam version, for example ), made this fix useless or possibly not working at all.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 03:33:53 pm by virtuali »

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 01:26:39 pm »
Thank you for the explanation Umberto  :)

From my point of view, this fix is useless. After the installation and testing a default thunderstorm scenario in FSX, it crashed to desktop after a few seconds. Testing it with a normal default rain scenario it did not crash  :o :o :o :o :o Dunno what happened there, maybe one of the mysteries in the sim. My FSX Gold runs with SteveSceneryFixer (latest version). There is no result in the sim, I don´t see any changes.

I will keep on flying the way it is now and will report back if I fly in the next thunderstorm with snow, rain and lightning. Hope it has only something to do with the default scenario.

Kind regards
Peter

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 02:20:50 pm »
I will keep on flying the way it is now and will report back if I fly in the next thunderstorm with snow, rain and lightning.
Don't really know what good that would do since even if you had an issue, they couldn't do anything about it anyway since it's not their product.
Captain Kevin

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 04:56:20 pm »
It is not important to find somebody who is responsible or anything in the area or in between... I thought, also it is a very old post (yes, I am searching the whole forum for some info), to give a feedback. For most people it isn´t interesting enough, because they alrdy upgraded 2 or 3 times, lol. Umbertos explanation was exellent. Thank you for that. Always good to read!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 01:50:24 pm »
It is not important to find somebody who is responsible or anything in the area or in between... I thought, also it is a very old post (yes, I am searching the whole forum for some info), to give a feedback. For most people it isn´t interesting enough, because they alrdy upgraded 2 or 3 times, lol. Umbertos explanation was exellent. Thank you for that. Always good to read!
I guess I'm not sure what giving feedback here would do, either, since it's not like the developer of that add-on is going to see it here.
Captain Kevin

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 11:13:25 pm »
Yes Kevin, the thing is, this post from 2008 is so old an useless now, it should be deleted. Nobody becomes in seduction to try something. By the way, I updated Fsuipc (didn´t know there was another one again) and the sim doesn´t crash at all anymore.  8) Happy landings all