Poll

What US Airport would you like to see FSDT make next?

Houston (KIAH)
31 (27.2%)
Seattle (KSEA)
22 (19.3%)
Denver (KDEN)
16 (14%)
Miami (KMIA)
11 (9.6%)
Newark (KEWR)
29 (25.4%)
Memphis (KMEM)
5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: February 02, 2013, 07:38:22 pm

Author Topic: (UNOFFICIAL) What US Airport would you like to see FSDT make next?  (Read 29057 times)

bradl

Re: (UNOFFICIAL) What US Airport would you like to see FSDT make next?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 08:04:55 pm »

Hmm.. has anyone made an updated Sky Harbor (KPHX)? that might be worth it.. I haven't checked in a while, but I know that the old SimFlyers scenery is well out of date.

Also, has anyone made Anchorage?

BL.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 08:08:51 pm »

Hmm.. has anyone made an updated Sky Harbor (KPHX)? that might be worth it.. I haven't checked in a while, but I know that the old SimFlyers scenery is well out of date.

BL.

Dude...seriously?? I'll give you a hint... actually two hints;

Flightbeam and Aerosoft

VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

wb2002

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 03:38:00 am »
As I have indicated many times before, I wish for KIAH (Houston), mainly because I live in this area and have been there so many times. I have also been to many of the other airports that have been done and try not to be so disappointed when KIAH is not done with serious quality.

I am also curious about what truthfully are the factors that developers consider when deciding what airport to do? I imagine "$" is at the top of the list but what next - size, traffic, location, or uniqueness?
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 04:44:23 am »
SEATTLE!

Seattle, in my opinion, would be by far the best. Next door to CYVR for some AWESOME flights, and no payware for FSX so far. It would go nicely with FTX PNW. As well, it's the largest hub for Alaska Airlines. To add on to all of this, it would create a range of AWESOME FS sceneries along the west coast (CYVR, KSEA, KSFO, KLAX, KLAS, KPHX), and, soon, LVFR KSAN. My top choice BY FAR is KSEA.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 04:39:38 pm »
I would love to see Seattle too but someone mentioned that FlyTampa might redo theirs so if thats the case better they do it so theres not two developers working on the same airport.
John Bauer

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 05:59:00 pm »
I would love to see Seattle too but someone mentioned that FlyTampa might redo theirs so if thats the case better they do it so theres not two developers working on the same airport.

Seattle would be nice, but considering its even more intense of an area than Vancouver, especially with ORBX's PNW involved, I can only imagine how close it would put a lot of users into OOM land if there were using the NGX. There would have to be lots of memory saving options like what FSDT did with the Vancouver patch to make is usable. As is stands now, flying the NGX into Seattle with just the NGX and ORBX PNW, it can be pretty hard on FPS. If you add a detailed 3rd party airport to the mix and sprinkle in a fair amount of AI and some bad weather, I dont see how you would manage to get more than 20 FPS at the most. If you had to trim some settings to get good performance out of Vancouver, Seattle would probably require more trimming to get a good experience.

bradl

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 07:48:07 pm »

BL.

Dude...seriously?? I'll give you a hint... actually two hints;

Flightbeam and Aerosoft

Dude, yes, seriously.

I guess I must apologize to you for not being up on scenery lately. Perhaps my wife and I should forgo our responsibilities as parents to a 2 year old and 9 month old with structural issues causing her to have to see a chiropractor every other week for the first 9 months of her life so I can devote all of my time back to flightsimming.

::)

BL.

Frank Lindberg

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:00:10 pm by Lindbergh72 »
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Flukey

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 11:37:07 pm »
I think Miami is crucial!

Have you not seem KMIA by latinvfr? http://www.latinvfr.org/sceneries/miami/

I bought it and am quite happy with the effort they have put in.....

I believe that after they finish San Diego that they will be further updating Miami.....

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 03:35:39 am »
I think Miami is crucial!

Have you not seem KMIA by latinvfr? http://www.latinvfr.org/sceneries/miami/

I bought it and am quite happy with the effort they have put in.....

I believe that after they finish San Diego that they will be further updating Miami.....

I am happy with the looks of it, although I did make my own photo real ground textures to surround the airport and blend better with my GEX textures and also tweaked the AFCAD by removing all the default objects that were placed to improve performance, but still even doing that the FPS are not very good on my rig. I believe the update they are doing after KSAN is done will be to improve the FPS. Hopefully that will make it work a lot better. As is stands now, I barely use the airport since I can barely maintain 20 FPS with no AI which is a little to low for me.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:23 am »
I am really hoping for Houston. It is such an over looked city, especially for being Continentals... I mean Uniteds largest hub. Plus it has a huge growing list of international carriers that are adding the city.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

cowings1588

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 08:28:40 pm »
KATL
KMIA

Both these have been done already & are in really good shape.. Imaginesim has ATL

LatinVFR has MIA & both are really good.. No need for ATL or MIA to be done..  For there already out there..

COA
Bill

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »
KATL
KMIA

Both these have been done already & are in really good shape.. Imaginesim has ATL

LatinVFR has MIA & both are really good.. No need for ATL or MIA to be done..  For there already out there..

Totally agree  ;)

cowings1588

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 08:32:19 pm »
GO Houston  :)

Go Lindberg, Thanks for the support in Houston IAH..  Yea, can hardly wait for IAH to get done so we have life like Houston, be nice to have jetways that will actually pull up to my airplane & see the monorail moving up top & life like buiding scenery..  :)
COA
Bill

01pewterz28

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 05:12:49 am »
While I would love to see a very nice Denver I voted for KIAH the last time this was done was by SimFlyers back in 2002