Author Topic: Not sure which scenery to buy.  (Read 3859 times)

03SVTCobra

Not sure which scenery to buy.
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:03:04 pm »
So far ive collected vegas, fll, ohare (v1) and dfw. I love all of them and want to add another. Ive narrowed it to lax, hnl, or jfk. My favorite aircraft to fly is the ifly 737 or level d 767 in American livery or a posky 777f cargo haul is always fun too. Out of those 3 which way would yall go?

Thanks, 03. Sorry for my grammar posting this on my phone is a pain.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Not sure which scenery to buy.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »
With what you have, I'd go with JFK.  Hawaii is nice, but you've got a five hour flight from the mainland.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Not sure which scenery to buy.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:35:59 pm »
Ive narrowed it to lax, hnl, or jfk.

I'd go with LAX since its the newest one.

Umberto has said that JFk is going to get an update to bring it up to their current standards but I dont think Umberto has stated whether it will be a paid update or a free one. I would imagine that it will be a paided update due to the amount of work they will have to put in, although we dont know for sure, but current customers will probably get a discount on the update if there is a charge. If its a paid update then you could just wait and buy the new version when it comes out rather than buying the current one then paying the update fee if there is one for the newer version. Plus, even though KJFK gets good performance considering that the area is harder on FPS than most areas due to all the buildings, objects in New York city, as well as having LaGuardia next door, it still is a bit harder on performance than LAX is on my system at least.