Author Topic: KBFI  (Read 8573 times)

albix

KBFI
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:47:56 pm »
Hello,
I think that most of you are aware about the KBFI scenery that was being produced by Simflyers. Unfortunately this airport was never finished http://simflyers.net/develop/develop.htm. I am wondering if maybe FSDreamteam could buy this project and finish it improving to the same quality of LSZH and KORD.
I think that BFI would be a great place to fly. Wouldn't be the best place where to test those gorgeous 74, 75, 75 and 77?

thepilot

Re: KBFI
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:13:03 pm »
May be interesting for some time but it's not exactly what FS world wants I think...

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:32:32 am »
surely it is near FSdreamteam quality, lets see what Virtuali thinks...

I think its an interesting idea

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:52:32 am »
If we'll ever decide to do KBFI, we'd do it entirely ourselves: doesn't make any sense to buy a 2.5 years old project (possibly more, Jan 06 is just the screenshots date), it will take about the same time to simply adapt it to our workflow and design standards, than remade it from scratch.

Also, we would rather not make plans about what to do after KDFW, before having seen sales results for at least KJFK.

And, don't forget there's still an airplane in the pipeline, that means we might pause scenery developement for some months after DFW is released...

...and...

There's also an unannounced "secret" product (no, it's not the new interactivity feature for airports, it's rather a by-product of that), that is not airplane nor scenery, that will add a new dimension to Flight Sim.

Razgriz

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 02:06:31 am »
Kind of like AES?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:43:15 am »
Nope, entirely different use.

Our new animation/simulation/programming engine is so flexible, that can be used on a very wide range of products: it can be applied on an airport scenery, to give it some sort of AES-ish features, but it can also do entirely different things, which is the case of this new product.

More details about it, when we'll be ready to released it. There are still some features we don't know exactly how will be implemented, so is still early for announcements.

No601_Swallow

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 07:55:59 pm »
Tease!  ;)